The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

room changes?x

hey there, me n my boyfriend are coming in leeds and i was just wondering what the set up is if you want to change rooms? we would like to share a room but im starting to think the chances of that are slim so the best i think im gonna get is the same flat? is this possibly to request this? and if we end up in different places is it possible to change rooms if theres one free? x
Reply 1
tbh I wouldnt bother sharing with your boyfriend, obviously if he's staying in the same halls then you can always stay in each others room whenever you want. but atleast if you have your own rooms to go back to you can atleast have a bit of personal space when you need it. Plus I would think it would be a lot better making friends wise to be by yourself, atleast then you are forced to talk to people. I have noticed that couples who share rooms at uni tend not to be very sociable and just stay together most of the time.

up to you though, I just think its always good to have your own space!

x
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Yeah just apply for the same Accom. at the most. You will need some personal space from time to time, imagine if you've had an argument/disagreement, not only will it be awkward for you and your boyfriend, but also for the other flat mates ! :biggrin:

As far as I'm aware you can't request for the same flat, you may get it, but it's just down to chance (To give yourselves the best possible chance, when applying for accom. put down similar hobbies/interests)

You should have no problem staying in each others' rooms (Unless you have an extremely bad tempered type of flat mate) for a night. I've never heard of Leeds Uni checking if anyone's staying in your room too many times (The official rule is 3 nights in one term I think). I guarantee even if you are not in the same halls as your boyfriend, you will be able to see him every single day. Leeds is a very 'compact' city and you will probably be living (At worst) no more than 20 minutes away from each other :wink:

Oh and as for changing rooms, yes this can happen. But this is entirely dependant on whether

a. Someone from your boyfriends flat/your flat leaves - It doesn't happen too often.
b. There's no people ahead of you in "the list" (If such a thing exists, but I assume they have a 'priority' list for those who need to move to a different room for health reasons etc.)
:smile:
me and my boyfriend applied for the same accom last year and if I had gone I'd have been in the flat directly below his as we even got in the same block.. maybe we just got lucky though
Reply 4
I applied to the same accom as a friend from school, and she's the floor above me. You can't request to be together.. and I'd most definitely advise not sharing no matter how perfect your relationship is etc everyone needs personal space and everyone has arguments.. like TheWizard said at most your 20minutes away from each other.
Reply 5
thankyou guys, will probably just end up applying for same accom and then sorting it out from there. obviously we will need space, no point living in each others pockets and if worse comes to worse ill just use one room as a storage for all my clothes :P xx
Reply 6
You mean, you have that many clothes? :eek:
Reply 7
scarily yup i do :P maybe i should have a huuuuge sort out before i come!! sell on ebay and make some pennies...but then u do realise that will just be spent on new clothes!!! xx

Latest