The Student Room Group
University of York
York
You can specify, but I don't know how much they would listen to you when allocating accommodation. Alcuin is mostly ensuite and afaik (but I've never been there!) Halifax isn't, so that might help. However, whichever college you end up being in it'll be fine - it's the people not the location that make the experience :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 2
xKTx
it's the people not the location that make the experience :smile:

might end up with a bunch of insociable boring freaks...
luck of the draw i guess
and if that's the case, well the blocks are pretty big places - they can't all be like that! And there's always ppl on your course and from societies/clubs who you will meet :smile:
Apparently writing stupid-ish comments like "I liked the carpets in Alcuin" can get you somewhere, but don't blame me if you get laughed at :wink:
Reply 5
slugonamission
Apparently writing stupid-ish comments like "I liked the carpets in Alcuin" can get you somewhere, but don't blame me if you get laughed at :wink:

sounds like a plot to make me write stupid things on the application form then laugh at them :wink:
Reply 6
If you don't have a really good reason for specifying a college (for example being disabled, and to get from Halifax to the other side of campus will cause problems) , it's probably best that you don't put one down - otherwise they might put you in a less popular college.
Reply 7
My friend lives in Halifax, and despite being a bit out of the way, its quite nice down there. Her room is huge, alot bigger than my other friend's in Goodricke.

Latest

Trending

Trending