The Student Room Group

Nonsuch Classics

Has anyone got any? Correct me if I'm wrong, but they seem to publish lesser-known novels by 'classic' authors... and have bloody nice covers. Just wondering if you have any, which ones you might recommend? I'd like a few more of these to pretty up my bookshelf.

(Also - can't find a website - do they have one? How odd.)

Edit: By the way, in case you don't make a habit of looking at publishers, this is what they look like:

Reply 1
Oh, I see how it is.

:frown:.
Reply 3

Vintage Classics do have the best covers - that one is wonderful. I also have To Kill and Mockingbird and The Picture of Dorian Gray, which are both very nice.

Can't say those Nonsuch ones really do it for me though... I'm just not a fan of old-fashionedness, sorry :frown:
Reply 4
sammyrj
Vintage Classics do have the best covers - that one is wonderful. I also have To Kill and Mockingbird and The Picture of Dorian Gray, which are both very nice.

Can't say those Nonsuch ones really do it for me though... I'm just not a fan of old-fashionedness, sorry :frown:

It's not just the cover, though, it's the size of the book as well. Such tiny little things, they are.
Reply 5
Meh, these covers are too WI book club for me.
Reply 6
PS. Kater, your avatar is great. It reminds me of a Tim Burton illustration. Might I enquire as to its origins?
halátnost
PS. Kater, your avatar is great. It reminds me of a Tim Burton illustration. Might I enquire as to its origins?

It's an Edward Gorey cartoon. He had a pretty noteworthy influence on Tim Burton. :smile:

Kater - get thyself to Bourton-on-the-Water in the Cotswolds. Not only is is a very pretty little village with lots of nice shops and coffee places, but there is a bookshop called Nonsuch Books and they sell millions of the things. :smile: Well, not quite millions, but lots.
Reply 8
*pitseleh*
It's an Edward Gorey cartoon. He had a pretty noteworthy influence on Tim Burton. :smile:

Kater - get thyself to Bourton-on-the-Water in the Cotswolds. Not only is is a very pretty little village with lots of nice shops and coffee places, but there is a bookshop called Nonsuch Books and they sell millions of the things. :smile: Well, not quite millions, but lots.

A ha! Thank you. Again. :smile: I think I've heard of him actually but my brain is like a sieve. A pink, squishy sieve.
halátnost
A ha! Thank you. Again. :smile: I think I've heard of him actually but my brain is like a sieve. A pink, squishy sieve.

You are welcome! A pink, squishy sieve sounds somewhat terrifying, though! :redface:

I feel like I'm directing everyone to Bourton-on-the-Water these days - you for tiny Snapes; Kater for Nonsuch Books... who will be next, I wonder? Hee hee. :smile:
Just found this thread Googling for Nonsuch books. Proving that, yet again, I am the same person I always was.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending