The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think you will find that it would not actually let you.
Reply 61
hi,

been searching for a couple of days on here to get a definate answer, but there seems to be information all over the place..

basically accepted an unconditional offer at LJMU, applied for accomodation and thats all sent off. I guess i need to apply for student finance etc asap, do i need to open a student bank account before this? or not...

what else do I need to do apart from the things mentioned above?

cheers!
I'd wait a while before opening a student bank account. As it gets nearer to results day, they'll start advertising with all their overdraft rates and freebies and you'll get lots of leaflets to help you decide.

I can't think of anything else you need to do. Unconditional! Wow! They must've loved you, congrats! :smile:
Reply 63
I don't think you can open a bank account before you enroll.
I did! Your student loan won't come in until you officially enroll/register in the first few days. As long as you have proof that you have an offer from a uni, you can open one... or at least I was able to! :smile:
Reply 65
Hopefully I can post in here sometime soon...
Reply 66
does anyone have a copy of their AS12 letter that they would like to donate to the wiki? if so, please pm me. but remember it has your address on, so please remove any personal details first

:juno:
Reply 67
Juno
does anyone have a copy of their AS12 letter that they would like to donate to the wiki? if so, please pm me. but remember it has your address on, so please remove any personal details first

andyjean has kindly donated one. However, for my page I really need one where you don't have to return the reply slip. So if anyone has one like that, I'd be really grateful.

Reply 68
Okay, I just firmed an unconditional offer. One of the conditions in the AS3 states that I have to send them verifications of my qualifications (A and O Levels?). Do I have to send right now, or am I supposed to wait for them to send me something first?
Brue
Okay, I just firmed an unconditional offer. One of the conditions in the AS3 states that I have to send them verifications of my qualifications (A and O Levels?). Do I have to send right now, or am I supposed to wait for them to send me something first?

Why don't you ask them?
Reply 70
Good bloke
Why don't you ask them?

I did, but still have not received any replies. What's the common procedure for this?
Reply 71
Hello, my offer was conditional previously and after sending my results to the university through a local education centre, the offer was updated to unconditional. However, the offer condition has not changed. On UCAS track it still says that I need to send my results to them. Do I have to send my results again?? Or is it that once an offer is unconditional, I do not need to do anything until further notice from the uni itself?
Reply 72
My insurance is an unconditional offer - does that mean I should be able to sort out my student account now? I don't really give a toss about special offers, just sticking with my current bank.
Reply 73
Is it the norm for universities to request for ORIGINAL certificates?
studyboy
Is it the norm for universities to request for ORIGINAL certificates?

They are fully aware that photocopies can be doctored very easily.
Reply 75
foxo
My insurance is an unconditional offer - does that mean I should be able to sort out my student account now? I don't really give a toss about special offers, just sticking with my current bank.

Probably not, since you won't get your AS12 yet and most banks will only accept that (or the equivalent if coming through Clearing). But if you're staying with the same bank they usually just upgrade your account, so your sort code and account number will stay the same.

Reply 76
Good bloke
They are fully aware that photocopies can be doctored very easily.

Oh dear! Is there an alternative to this? I fear for my certs since they will be flown all the way from Malaysia to the UK. Across the mountains and seas!:p:
studyboy
Oh dear! Is there an alternative to this? I fear for my certs since they will be flown all the way from Malaysia to the UK. Across the mountains and seas!:p:

Why? Do they suffer from travel sickness?
Reply 78
Good bloke
Why? Do they suffer from travel sickness?

Haha! :biggrin:

No no. :p: I fear that my certificates may get lost in the mail! If this occurs, I will have nothing to fall back on.:frown: Those certificates are irreplaceable! If only I could go to London and give them the certificates myself...
Reply 79
studyboy
Haha! :biggrin:

No no. :p: I fear that my certificates may get lost in the mail! If this occurs, I will have nothing to fall back on.:frown: Those certificates are irreplaceable! If only I could go to London and give them the certificates myself...

Most unis won't ask you to post the originals, or if they do they'll recommend you use some form of registered post. Many unis will want to see originals, but then they'll usually ask for you to take them with you in September.

If you're unsure or are overly concerned, then ask the uni to clarify their policy.

Latest

Trending

Trending