The Student Room Group

Rejecting a choice...

Is it possible to accept an unconditional offer before hearing back from all your choices. In this case the person would only be waiting for two choices (both courses applied to the same University) to get back. Is it possible to withdraw an application from a University before they respond in order to accept and secure an unconditional offer or must you wait until the end of the cycle to reply to choices?

Does it really matter when you accept a choice so long as it is made by the UCAS deadline (when is that by the way?)

Sorry if the message is a bit clustered and all over the place, hope you understand what I mean.
Reply 1
You can reply to an offer without getting replies from all your Universities. As long as you are willing to reject the other places.
Reply 2
how do you do that? (sorry for the ignorance)

im also nervous because if the other choices do not get back to me will i lose out on the other offers?

if the other choices make a reply right on the deadline will i still be able to make my choices in confidence?
Read the wiki.

You cannot accept any offer until you have received offers or rejections from all universities you have applied to. If you cannot wait you are allowed to cancel your applications to the outstanding ones and then accept the one you want. Why would you not want to wait? The offer is not going to magically disappear, is it?
Reply 4
Don't worry about losing offers, you will be given plenty of time to make your decision.
All your choices should aim to reply by the end of this month, and then you will have until the first week of May to decide which offers to accept and decline.

However, if you want to accept an offer before other choices have repsonded to you, you can withdraw the choice in UCAS Track.

Latest