Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fancy dress ideas!

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered if anyone could think of any fancy dress ideas for 5 girls. We haven't been particularly productive so far in our ideas! We have... nautical, armed forces, pirates, bad fashion taste, animals and disco/motown (it's that genre of music that'll be on).

does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks so much for any replies!

xx
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Cheerleaders! I went round Newcastle with a few girls dressed as cheerleaders at the weekend. 'Twas very good night out.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    oh wow! That sounds fun! I'll definitely throw that one into the forum Thanks a lot

xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    2 of my friends are having a joint fancy dress party and the theme is the letter 'A', so far people are going as angels, Audrey Hepburn, army themed, Americans, apples, Alice In Wonderland, alcoholics, etc etc. I'm going as Amy Winehouse this kind of theme is pretty cool because it just throws up loads of mad ideas.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's a really good idea too! And it lets people choose as well depending on their tastes... Ha ha! I bet Amy Winehouse will be fun to dress up as! Just don't risk taking any mock cocaine out, maybe! lol could get you in a bit of bother! :p:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    you could go as different cheeses. That would be original
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    you could go as different cheeses. That would be original
    Ha ha! Definitely original!

xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go as a group of burlesque dancers, I got my whole costume in primark for less than £10 (minus the shoes, but everyone has a pair of heels right?)

I went as one for halloween and it was brilliant, such a cool costume- even if I was freezing!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    mountain goats
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisedotcom)
    Go as a group of burlesque dancers, I got my whole costume in primark for less than £10 (minus the shoes, but everyone has a pair of heels right?)

I went as one for halloween and it was brilliant, such a cool costume- even if I was freezing!
    Ah what a great idea! And cost-effective too! lol Luckily we'll be indoors for all the evening, so cold *hopefully won't be a problem! Definitely one to throw into the mix- thanks

xx
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Monks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Spice Girls
    Moulin Rouge/Burlesque - little tutus/hotpants/corsets/feather boas etc
    Bunny girls
    Superheroes - supergirl/wonder woman/Mrs. Incredible/Batgirl/Catwoman/Kill Bill
    Fairies - to make you all look like a group, you could try having the same outfit (ie a little dress with a fluffy trim or something) in different colours.
    Pick an era, ie 80s - neon colours, slogan vest tops (Drop beats not bombs type things that were about a while ago), loads of cheap bright plastic jewellery!
    Beach babes/Hawaiian girls
    Tennis girls - mini white ra-ra skirts, pastel colour polos, sweatbands etc
    Pyjama party - all go in cute pyjamas, with curlers in your hair/eye masks on your head, carry a teddy/hot water bottle etc.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Police officers; there were loads of girls at my school who went as that for Halloween. And they all had their names on the back of their shirts

or....insects yeahhh....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go as 'Disney princesses'. You know, Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel, Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, etc
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What about all going as the Pink Ladies from Grease?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cave girls?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    greek muses!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You could go as the 5 platonic solids; Tetrahedron, Cube, Octahedron, Dodecahedron and Icosahedron.

Bet no one's done that before. Though there's probably a good reason they haven't...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha! Some fantastic (and *very* original ) ideas out there!, thanks for all your ideas!
    The current idea is choosing a letter, and dressing up as a word/character/famous person beginning with that letter (like happinessxo!). As we're going to bistro live, we're thinking letters B and L, which gives us a fair few ideas! Britney Spears (cue shaven head 'wig' and umbrella), Barbie (some tres tacky clothes, blonde wig etc) among many more

If anyone can think of any winning words beginning with B or L, they'd really be appreciated!

And thanks again for your help, all those people who have replied

xx
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Boris Johnson
    Brain
    Loony
    Legless
    Lebanese
    Lithuanian
    Latvian
    Brazilian
    Bolivian (poncho and pan pipes )
    Belgian
    Bog (roll)
    bird

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 8, 2008
New on TSR

Get ready for SQA results day

Share your grade expectations for Tuesday 5 August

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.