The Student Room Group

King's College or Ucl???????

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Solemn Wanderer
TommehR and I were down there the other day (not that I'm a student), and we had fun (or at least I did), but I digress. :biggrin: To balance out these pro-UCL points, John Gardner (Oxford Professor of Jurisprudence) is, as I've just reminded people in another thread, on record as suspecting KCL to have the best undergrad law course in the country, based on the quality of people who go on to do the Oxford BCL.

You've met Thom? Your opaque veil of disguise is gradually being lifted, Solemn. Tut tut. :cool:
Reply 21
Ryands
You've met Thom? Your opaque veil of disguise is gradually being lifted, Solemn. Tut tut. :cool:
:p:

This thread is amusing. I can't believe that people would possibly choose KCL over UCL on the basis that it's closer to the various Inns and RCJ. It's not as if you're swanning in there all the time to chat with the barristers. Even if you were, UCL is about 15/20 minutes walk from them!
wisden14
Poor old John, that seems to be his legacy on here, that short remark certainly is oft quoted!

LOL :p:
Reply 23
so what would you say there good points about ucl and/or kings? which uni has better career prospects after? And how does ucl make up for not being so close etc?? lol i'm just getting more and more confused, coz people keep saying different things.
xx
Both places have great career prospects. There's very little to distinguish either faculty on that count. Also, as we've established, UCL doesn't really need to "make up" for not being so close. Nobody gets out of a lecture and says "hmm we've got an hour to kill.... let's go take in a case at the RCJ" :p:

Yes it's nice that King's is close to lots of cool things, but then again so is UCL! It's not like UCL is in the middle of nowhere. I'd rather spend an hour in the british museum than the royal courts of justice...
Reply 25
TommehR
:p:

This thread is amusing. I can't believe that people would possibly choose KCL over UCL on the basis that it's closer to the various Inns and RCJ. It's not as if you're swanning in there all the time to chat with the barristers. Even if you were, UCL is about 15/20 minutes walk from them!

If you would read my post again, I merely stated that the Inns were near and in no way suggested that as a reason to go to KCL...it's just that I happened to be in that area recently and thought that it was nice. As I am only an A Level student and had until then only heard/read about the Inns, I thought it was really nice to be able to walk through them and look around, and that is all I was saying by referencing to them!
Reply 26
Good advice.
So how many people would say ucl is the better choice? Cos' thats the one i'm leaning towards!
xxx
Reply 27
Well I applied to both but if I'd have had both offers I'd have accepted King's still. I'm not just saying that because I got rejected from UCL lol, I just prefered King's, however I know a lot of people on here seem to think UCL is a more respected and just generally better university. Remember though, that King's is first in the world for some of its modules, I don't know if UCL is or not, but the teaching at King's is certainally top class.
Reply 28
pcok
Well I applied to both but if I'd have had both offers I'd have accepted King's still. I'm not just saying that because I got rejected from UCL lol, I just prefered King's, however I know a lot of people on here seem to think UCL is a more respected and just generally better university. Remember though, that King's is first in the world for some of its modules, I don't know if UCL is or not, but the teaching at King's is certainally top class.
Out of interest, do you have any way of substantiating that? I wasn't aware that they had module-specific league tables for Law.
Reply 29
Yes but ucl is like 8th in the world and kings is not in the top ten!? Also UC looks harder to get into.
Reply 30
i'd choose ucl
Reply 31
Princess-Leah
Good advice.
So how many people would say ucl is the better choice? Cos' thats the one i'm leaning towards!
xxx

UCL is the better choice.
Hi everyone. I was accepted to a few courses this year and I dont really know what to choose. I am International student and I dont know anyone who studied at those universities.Can you please help me:smile:

UCL
MSc Global Health and Development

King's College
MPH/MSc Public Health
MSc Global Health :biggrin:isaster and Adaptation

Queen Mary
MSc Global Public Health and Policy
MSc Global Health, Law and Governance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending