The Student Room Group

CAF!!! AS results on Cambridge application form!!

im working on CAF at the mo, and got some problems of my AS results. as the form required i have to put all the results which i have taken down the form. which is fine for my GCSE and a bit difficult for my AS coz they r not that good. i got A for Maths, A for Further Math( but i can't rili put it down, coz it suppose be taking after full A-level maths) ,B for physics, eventho its a high B but still a B. and C for Business Studies. and i got AAABb (b for AS Arts, exam in Jan)for my predicted grades. that is not a problem with my predict grades,but my actual results, coz i can't skip it.

do anyone think it's going to be a great disadvantage to me, or it doesn't rili matter, at least i got good predict grates???

it there anywhere in the CAF for me to put teacher's prediction down??
if no, how can they know that?? from UCAS form,or somewhere else???

plz plz help@@
thanks xxx
Reply 1
tiarakaka
im working on CAF at the mo, and got some problems of my AS results. as the form required i have to put all the results which i have taken down the form. which is find for my GCSE and a bit difficult for my AS coz they r not that good. i got A for Maths, A for Further Math( but i can't rili put it down, coz it suppose be taking after full A-level maths) ,B for physics, eventho its a high B but still a B. and C for Business Studies. and i got AAABb for my predicted grades. that is not a problem with my predict grades,but my actual results, coz i can't skip it.

do anyone think it's going to be a great disadvantage to me, or it doesn't rili matter, at least i got good predict grates???

it there anywhere in the CAF for me to put teacher's prediction down??
if no, how can they know that?? from UCAS form,or somewhere else???

plz plz help@@
thanks xxx

so are you doing one maths alevel or 2? will you end up with Maths or Further Maths, or both?

did you cash in your AS's? if so you have to put them down on the UCAS form, and cambridge will find out this way...like any other uni, they see the UCAS application as well as the CAF.
Reply 2
Don't worry, all ur unis will see ur predicted grades through ur teachers reference. I had ur problem too with the maths and AS further maths but i just stated that i will finish my A2 maths (+ 1 mod) in jan and then complete my AS (remaining 2 mods) further maths.

I am afraid u will have to write down ur grades on the cam but not necessarily on the ucas form if ur school doesn't cash in grades.

TBH ur grades are a bit low, BUT prepare well for interview and ull be guaranteed a place especially as they will see u as someone with potential.
Reply 3
priya
so are you doing one maths alevel or 2? will you end up with Maths or Further Maths, or both?

did you cash in your AS's? if so you have to put them down on the UCAS form, and cambridge will find out this way...like any other uni, they see the UCAS application as well as the CAF.

thanks for ur help!!! but wot is Cash in?? i gona carry on with both of maths!
coz im going to retake come of the subjects, so apart of my A, i just put the rest to 'Pending', where the predict grates going to be? are they appear on CAF as well??

thanks!
Reply 4
Adil Bhai
Don't worry, all ur unis will see ur predicted grades through ur teachers reference. I had ur problem too with the maths and AS further maths but i just stated that i will finish my A2 maths (+ 1 mod) in jan and then complete my AS (remaining 2 mods) further maths.

I am afraid u will have to write down ur grades on the cam but not necessarily on the ucas form if ur school doesn't cash in grades.

TBH ur grades are a bit low, BUT prepare well for interview and ull be guaranteed a place especially as they will see u as someone with potential.

same as i said just now, i have no idea wot is CASH IN. Could u explain a bit plz!! coz im not dropping any of my subjects, so im not even allowed to put my AS great down the UCAS, so i have nothing in my AS qualification column,and 4 in A-level with pending, it that right?
Reply 5
tiarakaka
same as i said just now, i have no idea wot is CASH IN. Could u explain a bit plz!! coz im not dropping any of my subjects, so im not even allowed to put my AS great down the UCAS, so i have nothing in my AS qualification column,and 4 in A-level with pending, it that right?

you better ask your school if they have a policy of cashing in grades. basically it means declaring them as separate qualifications until you get your actual Alevel results
Reply 6
hey i wouldn't worry about it lol. unless ur TOTALLY desparate 2 get into cambridge! i got ABB in Economics, Eng. Lit and Maths 4 AS, but am being predicted AAAB (B in Further maths) and im applying lol. dnt worry about it, i went to their open day and they said grades are important, but then they are a small factor when it comes to decide wether to make you an offer or not.
Reply 7
I put the same thing down as u so i have zilch for AS and 4 A2s and a further maths AS pending
Reply 8
Adil Bhai
I put the same thing down as u so i have zilch for AS and 4 A2s and a further maths AS pending

rili?? i feel better now. at least i know there is not only my shcool which do so..how about ur CAF?

thanks!
Reply 9
For the CAF u do have to write in ur grades coz cambridge don't care bout the cashing in business, but there is no point in stressing over it, wots done is done (unless u haven't learnt from wot u done wrong :wink: ). Ok.....going off the topic a bit :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending