Visit website

Plymouth uni accommodation

Scroll to see replies

lol totally agreed! :smile:
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
does anyone know how much internet will be in halls?!
Reply 22
theendlesssummer
does anyone know how much internet will be in halls?!

it's included in the overall price.

has anyone heard back yet about their room allocation? I havent heard anything since i applied...
Reply 23
No, i havn't heard anything. Aparently, we aren't going to until we get our results?

Two things, anyone know if the internet is half decent?
and, do the halls have a televesion arial socket? am hoping to stay at either, francis drake, pilgrim or radnor.

Thanksx
lucyw1989
it's included in the overall price.

has anyone heard back yet about their room allocation? I havent heard anything since i applied...

if u already know your results i think we hear bakc in June :smile:
thanks that's cool, and i haven't heard anything back yet either, i really want to stay in pilgrim or randor
Reply 26
I dont know much about where i would like to stay so ill just say Francis Drake cos its newest :L

Applied for accomodation too.. no reply
Reply 27
Hey everyone, just thought i'd let you know that i emailed plymouth yesterday to find out what the hell was going on with accommodation applications. They said that they haven't yet allocated any rooms, they will only start processing your application when it is unconditional firm, and as for those of us who are already unconditional firm, they'll start processing them in the next few weeks :s-smilie:

Hope this helps!
Reply 28
Unless your parents are already mortgaged up to the hilt...

Buy somewhere. I've been looking around for a new place in Plymouth (just bought one actually), but I've been having a shufty in the estate agents at student accommodation too - there are some reasonably priced one and two bedroom flats around the Mutley (Plain) area at the moment.

If you're in a position to buy (i.e. can get the deposit together), consider a couple of things... Monthly cost on an interest only mortgage is currently way less than renting and the housing market is pretty much at its lowest ebb now (get in whilst prices are lowest) - buy now and sell on after three years (or four if you continue to masters) at a profit. Not as much as you might have made a few years ago - but even breaking even is a considerable improvement over the cost of renting (with no returns). You could even cover most of the mortgage costs by getting a flat-mate in.

:cool:

NB. I'm not regulated by the FSA (possibly a good thing :biggrin: ), so do your own research too!
Reply 29
qwerty27
you mean which halls your in? You won't receive an offer for accommodation until you have your grades back and you have been accepted...

i have, im unconditional.. i took my a levels last year. (:
Reply 30
got my offer of accomodation today :biggrin: i'm in radnor, soo happy that's where i wanted to go! :woo: anybody else heard back?
Just got my offer this morning - 124 Gilwell Hall.

I've heard very mixed things about the place, was hoping for Radnor personally. But oh well, it's the cheapest and I'll have fun regardless. I've heard they've been doing refurbishment - but I don't know whether that's full furniture or just a lick of paint - anybody know?
Reply 32
EpicAesthetic
Just got my offer this morning - 124 Gilwell Hall.

I've heard very mixed things about the place, was hoping for Radnor personally. But oh well, it's the cheapest and I'll have fun regardless. I've heard they've been doing refurbishment - but I don't know whether that's full furniture or just a lick of paint - anybody know?

I know all the kitchenswere re-done last summer, not sure what, if anything, else they've done
I paid my deposit this morning- Robbins E503, I am sooooooo glad it's all sorted!!
Reply 34
how much roughly is the deposit?
The deposit is £250.00!!!!
Argh! Have been unconditional since June 24th and haven't heard anything. Phoned the accommodation office yesterday and spoke to a woman who said she'd call me back with more information, she didn't and when I called them today I was put straight to answerphone. I know they must be really busy but this is so stressful. Has anyone else NOT heard anything?!?
Reply 37
when i log in to the accomodation website it says my application has been submitted.

i dont know when my college sends off my results or when they're sent to ucas... how long roughly does it all take?
when is the normal sort of time to be hearing back from accomodation?

i'm a bit worried now that people are already hearing from them!
i just want my accomodation sorted as soon as possible.

dont know where i'm going to find the deposit though...i'm always skint!
Does pilgrim halls have a lift?
Reply 39
crazyjoyce
Does pilgrim halls have a lift?

Nope - Francis Drake deffinately do, and I'm pretty sure Mary Newman do to, but any off campus (owned by the university) don't

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending