The Student Room Group

[OCR-A] AS Chemistry January 2008

Were these papers actually hard? I got my results today and am very pissed off. I got Bs for Foundation and How Far, but a C for Chains and Rings?! It was my favourite paper out of all 3!!!!! I honestly expected As, I worked my arse off like never before for Chemistry and still get an overall B! According my exams officer though the whole year messed up those modules but this hard?! I am so annoyed, I think it was more down to me being downright careless during the exam. I went back over Foundation 2-3 times and found I had made so many little mistakes, but I didn't go over Chains and Rings as thoroughly.

Mind I did the whole AS course in 3 months, but I am still so annoyed. I didn't revise for business, but got 100% for each of the papers I did and have an overall A2 grade A.

Very, very gutted :mad:
Reply 1
I got my results today as well for chemistry. foundation I got a C, how far how fast D... when i was expecting an A!!! for Chains rings and spectroscopy (A2) I got a C when i was also expecting an A!!! I don't know where i could have gone wrong. didn't feel like i did that badly in exam, was very confident, went over paper, well prepared???? :confused: But most people have done badly in chemistry. havent heard anyone who did well
Reply 2
Hey im doing fast track a level and sat foundation and chains and rings in Jan. I got 89/90 ums for foundation and 72/90 ums for chains and rings. I was really shocked as i thought the chains and rings exam went much better than the foundation!! I was so much more confident with chains and rings as well and really revised hard for it. I'm going to send off to get my paper back and also have it remarked because there were a couple of people in my class who didnt do as well as expected in chains and rings, got nothing to loose i spose (unless the mark goes down of course!). I'll let you know how the remark turns out.
Reply 3
i did chains rings and spectroscopy in jan 08 and retook foundation and chains and rings. came out with A B B! was well surprised. i think the exam board was marking nice for a change! :smile:
Reply 4
i did chains and rings, which i wasnt expecting great results in, but not the U grade that i actually got! hm, resit in june!
Hey rgilbs i did the same too and came out with AAA wooo im over the moon! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Don't worry about C&R too much - it's the hardest of them all. I got 84/90, 108/120 and 78/90: it was definitely the hardest.
Reply 7
I envy some of you guys with your grades :frown:

I don't mean to sound cocky, but the only reason I am so down about it is because of how hard I worked for the exams. In my revision I could go back and look at any question in my textbook and answer it perfectly. Even past papers were semi-enjoyable because I flew through them. I thought 8 hours worth of revision per day for the last month (on top of heavy revision before that as well) would pay off!

*sigh* ah well, I am going in today to try and book all my exams and retakes.
Reply 8
With regards to chemistry, go through as many past papers and mark schemes as you can. Memorise the mark schemes, work out the patterns with regards to the questions, and predict what you think will come up. This should get you at least a B. Chains and rings is the hardest as we all know, BUT it is possible to get an A if you do past papers and actually understand the concepts that come up. Unfortunately examinations are more about jumping hoops than actually challenging ones intellect. The true challenge comes later on at university! Good luck!
hey does any1 have the chains and rings jan 08 paper. i need it urgently can any1help thanks
Reply 10
has anyone got the papers for ocr chemistry january 2008?

needed urgently, thanks in advance!
Reply 11
JPinsker
Hey im doing fast track a level and sat foundation and chains and rings in Jan. I got 89/90 ums for foundation and 72/90 ums for chains and rings. I was really shocked as i thought the chains and rings exam went much better than the foundation!! I was so much more confident with chains and rings as well and really revised hard for it. I'm going to send off to get my paper back and also have it remarked because there were a couple of people in my class who didnt do as well as expected in chains and rings, got nothing to loose i spose (unless the mark goes down of course!). I'll let you know how the remark turns out.

WHERE DO U STUDY THE FAST TRACK COURSE??
Reply 12
has anywun got ocr pastpaers 2008 ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending