The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got my english lit mark up from a D to an A.
But then I did revise A LOT.

However I barely revised at all for my sociology exam as it was the day after my eighteenth birthday, and still go a high A.
Reply 2
Pretty hard and yeah.
lol
Kanuary..??
Reply 4
Really hard the day before the exam. Paid off fantastically :smile:
Reply 5
I got my history from a D to an A. And my Biology from a D to a B. :smile: I revised haaaaard though.
Reply 6
didnt study that hard and got what i always got - B's....uggh pisses me off, but i did study for economics like hell and still maintained a B in AS...just need 5 marks to get A!!!!

like how th ehell do you guys study? and get all A's in almost every module? im confused..help me!!!
Reply 7
A decent amount. Not as much as I would for summer exams say, but overall I'm pleased with what I got.
I revised really hard for psychology and got an E.
Revised the night before a Sociology exam because i spent my time revising for psychology and got a D (which is good for this particular paper as i've sat it twice, both times achieving a U) I think i would have achieved higher if i had managed my time better in the exam because i spent way too long on one essay leaving me 10 minutes for the next one which i knew exactly how to answer but didn't have time to :frown:
Revised a couple of nights before another sociology exam and got a B.
Didn't really revise per-se for the A2 sociology exam but just paid alot of attention during lessons, did all the homeworks and practiced past papers and achieved a B, which i am extremely proud of as only 3 people achieved and A at our college in this exam and only 6 people achieved a B :biggrin:
Reply 9
lolilady---O
Kanuary..??

:rolleyes:
Reply 10
I did no revision at all and got an E.
Guess that means I should revise more, lols.
Reply 11
It seems that most people are failing psychology. Why is this?
Reply 12
Not alot because they were near my birthday but still got A's
Reply 13
Personally I think for psychology you need the whole year to study it, and if the exams are in Jan, the unit ends up getting cramped and not enough time for revision in lessons.
I got 2 psychology grades from AS up 2 grades (E-C, D-B) and that was with feck loads of work

BUT my biology retake, i revised my ARSE off, and still got the exact same mark as i did in the summer..pissed me RIGHT off, and a waste of money..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

BUT, i got 88/90 in my Psychology A2 exam....and i didn't revise half the stuff i should've lol
Reply 15
ahijaw
Personally I think for psychology you need the whole year to study it, and if the exams are in Jan, the unit ends up getting cramped and not enough time for revision in lessons.

I don't agree. It's all about exam technique. even if you cramp everything within a week to the psychology exam, you need to know the structure. Its all exam technique. I got an A in psychology even though I didnt revise as much for it compared to other subjects because i knew the format in answering questions, with the knowledge you have.

In psychology just memorise the facts, the rest is essay technique. you dont need the whole year to study it because the AS in psychology is very simple. A01 and A02 is all you need to remember.
Reply 16
asos89
I don't agree. It's all about exam technique. even if you cramp everything within a week to the psychology exam, you need to know the structure. Its all exam technique. I got an A in psychology even though I didnt revise as much for it compared to other subjects because i knew the format in answering questions, with the knowledge you have.

In psychology just memorise the facts, the rest is essay technique. you dont need the whole year to study it because the AS in psychology is very simple. A01 and A02 is all you need to remember.

I agree, but some find it easier to do it, and end up doing better, some need more time to grasp the idea.
Sephirona
:rolleyes:

i was just highlighting so you could change it CALM DOWN
Yep very hard compared to for my AS! Only dropped 3 UMS over three A2 papers so very pleased.

I did start past papers in November for 2/3 of my subjects though
Reply 19
I studied quite hard for these exams, and they paid off for three (got full marks in chemistry unit 4!!) of them (well one of my history resits was 3 UMS off an A - seriously peed about that) For the other history module I did I got a C, so my hard work really didnt pay off.

Latest