The Student Room Group

Maths re-marks

Is it generally a waste of time / money to get maths papers remarked? (As they tend to have a right / wrong answer, no grey areas like other subjects)

Or do they have as much a chance of changing as any other subjects?

I'm just really confused about one result I had. I didn't struggle with the paper and although I probably made a few calculation mistakes, not enough to make me drop the amount of marks that I did.

Advice anyone?
Reply 1
Im wandering this too cos I felt mine went absolutely fine and they didn't
Same here :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Lol so no one has any idea but everyone wants to know. :p:
Original post by &#946
Lol so no one has any idea but everyone wants to know. :p:

Lovely....
Reply 5
Well there's always the chance that wrong totals have been written on the front of the wrong papers etc. It does happen but being maths examiners, you'd hope they can count up the marks correctly!
Reply 6
Shrayans
Lovely....

It was a joke :s-smilie::smile:
Reply 7
pretzel89
Well there's always the chance that wrong totals have been written on the front of the wrong papers etc. It does happen but being maths examiners, you'd hope they can count up the marks correctly!

Hmm. I suppose it's only very rarely though.

Maybe I'll just have to accept the mark I have and try to do better in C4.
Original post by &#946
It was a joke :s-smilie::smile:

Lol... sarcasm doesn't flow through the internet :wink:
Paying to see the paper seems to me like a reasonable investment for disappointing maths marks. You can rule out a complete marking cock-up, and you get a good idea what you struggled with on the day to help prepare for next time.
It's very unlikely the paper is going to be marked incorrectly, either the examiner must've marked like 200 scripts and then got to yours, or he/she must have serious reading problems, otherwise I very much doubt a maths paper is going to be wrong by that much that it's going to make a big difference :smile:
Reply 11
I was confused by my maths results. I felt that I had screwed up C3 and aced M1 and S1, but I actually did best in C3 :s
If it's bugging you why dont you get a photo copy of your paper? It only costs like £10 or something. Worth it. If you then find there's a blinding mistake, get a re-mark.

Latest