The Student Room Group

So fed up with it all...

Hi... I'm so fed up with A levels now. argh.
in the results that just came out I got my first U in my A2 History exam.
and to make it worse, because I haven't done that much coursework for history, my tutor has decided to enter me for an "open book exam" in the summer. :mad: which means, you have 1 hour just to write the coursework essay!!! so Im thinking of dropping history now? what do u think?
Human biology I got a D which im annoyed with, because I wanted at least a C!!!! :frown: haven't found out what ive got in maths yet ! arhhh i really can't take it anymore! :frown: If i drop history then i dont kno if ill be able to get into uni !! but on the other hand i would do better in maths and human bio. And when i went to the uni they said they would mainly look at the maths and human bio result because history isn't needed for my course really!!!
I've got so much coursework and I want to start revising for re-sits n the exams in the summer! its just not possible! im feeling verrrry stressed..almost in tears!! To make it worse, i've got no money and really need a job! but can't get one because i know it will take up most of my time which i need to revise! my parents are always having a go at me because i need to earn money. I was sharing my mums car but now she's not letting me because i cant afford to pay for petrol :/! omg. can it get any worse. probably!!!!!!
please someone offer me some advice b4 i have a nervous breakdown! lol
Reply 1
everyones got problems stop wining and either put up and swim or wine longer and drown
Reply 2
gee thanks for that
loads of people at my school are in the same position as you. Quite a few are dropping out now! I can't believe people are giving up so easily, you are only 1/3 of the way to AS! When you get a U in august then you can think, well i ****ed that up, maybe i should drop it! but not till then! As for you re-sitting that makes sense. revise for an exam you have already ****ed up and screw up the ones you have coming up??!! do it jan when you have less pressure! As for you job, i just quit mine. i don't really need the money, i think i do, but i don't! Think about it you not doing to good now so why add another element to the problem, so you will have more exams and less time!
You need to think before you start dropping subjects, as for what 01kij114 said its harsh but true!
Reply 4
Im doing A2 not AS! so I have to do all the exams in the summer!
i'm not going to give up! i just get down when i dont get the result i was hoping for, thats all!
that 1st person's comment actually made me think lol so thanks.
Although the first person was pretty harsh, they sort of have a point. It is very tough, and it's understandable to feel so under pressure- I'm only in Year 12 myself, so despite of course worrying about the few exams I've already taken (and have to retake :P) it's nothing compared to what it's going to be like next year.

I guess the best thing to do is put it all into perspective. Sure, it's a lot of work to handle, but worrying and panicking all the time doesn't get the work and revision done. No matter how tiresome it may seem, if you do want those results, you've got to keep going and going, because you'll feel much better about it if you do. Just think of all the good things that will happen if you do get those results, and hopefully that will spur you on.

I wish you luck in your exams this summer. :biggrin:
Reply 6
Thanku! :smile:
thats it, im gonna work my arse off now!
Reply 7
cEEPAZ I FEEL YOUR PAIN
Y-DAY I FELT LIKE MY LIFE WAS OVER I ACTUALLY DID CRY A LIL BIT
AND THING WAS IN ONE OF MY SUB I DID ACTUALLY WORK REALLY HARD
ITS SUCH A HORRIBLE FEELING.. YET ITS GOOD TO KNOW YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE.. OH AND DOESNT IT SUCK AND LETS BE HONEST WHEN SOMEONE WHO IS DOES LESS WORK THATN YOU HARDLY COMES TO LESSONS AND BASICALLY HAS A SHALL WE SAY LESS CAPABILITY OF DOIN THE EXMA COMES OUT WITH A BETTER GRADE THAN YOU!!!!!!!11
OH I SOO NEEDED SOMWHERE TO EXPRESS THE PAIN IM SUFFERING
:mad:
Everyone feels exactly the same at this point, just look around and you'll see all the threads on it!! I posted one yesterday. Chin up, revise, revise, revise and SMILE :smile:
Reply 9
although if its any consolation the day after makes things feel better lol and at LEAST WE HAVE ONE MORE LAST TRY!!! got to go get my resit forms in now lol this only makes me wont to work harder and i guess for us to all enjoy our acheivements weve got to go through alot of pain and struggle :rolleyes:
Yeah, the majority seems to be in the trouble lol. After my resit in English, i found out i need at least 68 UMS extra to get the grade i need - no idea how many resits that is.

Ended up with a B and 3 D's, ouch. And after that, i realised i have to fork out about 80 - 100 pounsd on resits/photocopies of papers lol. So cheer up :wink:

Cheers AQA!
i can't believe some people give up so easily, last year in AS i got an E in Chemistry, and with just one resit in January that E jumped to a C! The power of resits never ceases to amaze me! lollz, trust me we've all got problems with a-levels, just keep at it and it'll all be worth it in the end when u look back at this and laugh :smile: perseverance is key my friend
Reply 12
Hi
I'm doing A2 and that's a bit how I felt a bit before christmas. I've got 3 Spanish exams (including a resit) plus Spanish coursework, 4 General Studies Exams (plus a resit), a Law exam, a Psychology exam and psychology course work. I'm so bad at coursework that I'm struggling to bring myself to look at it. I've already started revising cos I'm panicking so much and I can't find a job either. I'm going to apply for summer jobs after easter and then just save up during the summer. We've only got a few months left and you're about 3/4 of the way through A levels so it'll be over soon. Your maths results might be good and if you're really bothered about History, discuss it with your uni or careers advisor. Good luck! x
Reply 13
Yesss lol it really annoys me when people don't revise n come out with A/B
I struggle just to get a C and thats when I revise my hardest!
gets on my nerves and annoys me aswel when people moan how they have got a B instead of an A!!! id be soo happy !
Yeah i feel exactly the same with coursework! i absolutely hate it! grr
Reply 14
I'm normally too lazy to revise and get Cs but this time, I actually revised really hard and got Bs and an A - I'm sure my coursework will bring me down. I've got one of those friends who gets high grades lol but she actually revises so I can't say anything. All I can say is the dreaded R word - REVISE! Lol, and I know it's easy to get jealous but don't compare yourself to other people because there's akways going to be those who find exams come easily to them. It might seem like they don't revise but they probably do. Is there anything you can use to motivate yourself - uni offers or something? You could pin them up or put them at the front of your folder, cheesy I know, lol.
Reply 15
Dont Quit, Suffer Now, Live The Rest Of Your Life Like A Champion - Muhammed Ali.

Anyway my point is not to drop history even though you are going to have to work pretty hard to get your grades up and your coursework done.
You have got a few months before summer, dont panic and get your coursework done asap dont go out and save yourself money.
Look for a job in your free time i.e. saturday mornings somewhere local so you can walk.
Revision is vital but you still have a few months before you exams so dont have a breakdown, start your hardwork tomorrow and just chill tonight or if your really keen start working hard now.
Nothing in life that is worthwhile can be easily achieved.
Well, this thread has just turned into a motivational quote page. :p:
Reply 18
I know a girl who failed all her chemistry modules for AS.. failed her January exams, ended up getting a C for A levels in June!

anyway, its not worth giving up at this stage when you have 3/4 months left.
Reply 19
Im not giving up.. it's just it would make more sense to concentrate more on maths and human biology! because i don't need history to study nutrition in uni!
Im finding it really hard to start my courswork which doesnt help!!!
Ive never got anytime anymore! my family have come down from canada for the week so every moment im not in college i have 2 go n see them, and ive got extra hours where i work now aswel.
so every minute i do get im trying to do a bit!! its just so stressful! :-/
didn't go to my history lesson 2day, so im probably more behind! arhghghghg
got my results for my maths :
stats 1 resit = U!! (orginally had a D!) what a waste of time resiting it!
core 3 = E but its really a U because i onli just got an E by one mark.
i hate exams. depresses me cuz ive never done this bad before.

Latest