The Student Room Group

Avram Grant must be sacked

Poll

Avram Grant must go

Failed to beat Spurs in the League Cup, a Championside side, Barnsley, in the FA Cup 6th round, Liverpool, Arsenal and Utd in the league. You won't anything until you better this. He only got the job because of David. This will only help fuel speculation of possible replacements and help him get shoved along when a decent replacement comes in.

Odds on him being sacked by the end of the season? 1/10000000?

Scroll to see replies

yeah, probably, but it would be foolish not to commend his achievements as of joining Chelsea considering his lack of managerial experience.
Reply 2
Idiot Box.
yeah, probably, but it would be foolish not to commend his achievements as of joining Chelsea considering his lack of managerial experience.

Anyone can do that with the players at their disposal.
Reply 3
If him and Roman really are friends, we'll be stuck with him for as long as he owns Chelsea probably.

But yes, he must be sacked.
Reply 4
The players were too poor today but this won't help Grant.
Reply 5
in fairness to him, hes got a pretty damn good record, and to be honest, losing to barnsley today was not his fault at all...barnsley wanted it more, and the chelsea players weren't that up for it....thats not grants fault....like for example Anelka was absolute gash...and he had to play up front today, but he looked like he couldn't care less about the outcome of the game...and the FA cup is where the underdogs always cause upsets, its part of the magic of the FA cup....so i think your judgement is a little harsh
Reply 6
I think he should stay :teeth:.
Reply 7
Weezy F
I think he should stay :teeth:.

Only so you have less competition :p:
Reply 8
mhsc
Only so you have less competition :p:

:cool:
Reply 9
NDGAARONDI
Failed to beat Spurs in the League Cup, a Championside side, Barnsley, in the FA Cup 6th round, Liverpool, Arsenal and Utd in the league. You won't anything until you better this. He only got the job because of David. This will only help fuel speculation of possible replacements and help him get shoved along when a decent replacement comes in.

Odds on him being sacked by the end of the season? 1/10000000?

Barnsley are world class mate.
Reply 10
Idiot Box.

he's been a manager for over 20 years.
and was an international manager for 4 years.

he might not have managed any big teams, but he has plenty of "experience."
Reply 11
Him and roman are too chummy, if he does ever go it would be by resigning not the sack.
From a Chelsea perspective, he has to go.
mermania
he's been a manager for over 20 years.
and was an international manager for 4 years.

he might not have managed any big teams, but he has plenty of "experience."

oh, right :s:

I always thought he'd always been a sporting director
Grant's rubbish. He's gotta go. We were shocking today and against Spurs in the CC final. We just seem to have no clue when going forward. We actually used to be renowned for our solid defence, but even that's now gone under Grant. With the squad available to him, there is no excuse for our continual under-performance. It would be okay if we were just unlucky or if it was a fluke, but we were never even in the game today or against Spurs, and our style of play is just atrocious.

GRANT FOR THE SACK !!!!
He has to go but i doubt he will anytime soon
Reply 16
He'll be sacked when Chelsea get knocked out of the Champions League (ie in the next round).
Did a fairly good job when the team selected itself because of injuries
Grant is an incredibly mediocre manager, comparable to even those of even the worst premiership teams, I don't know what Roman was smoking when he decided to replace Mourihno with him. I want Mourihno back. :frown:
Reply 19
Does help if clubs hire someone with a half-decent CV. After I've finished with education I'll have more qualifications than Grant. :rofl:

Latest