Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you speed up your period?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a random question and one you'd think i'd know the answer to at the grand old age of 22. But I have my period at the minute, have had it since wednesday and would quite like to get rid of it before tomorrow night *cough*. Is there actually a way you can speed up the end of your period?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    the word suction springs to mind...but I don't really know, sorry!
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wish.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lots of cold drinks/ice cream? Stops it like a bag of frozen peas stops a nosebleed.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Come now, maybe someone here knows something we dont :P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Stand up alot, and let gravity do the rest? :confused: Or tense your muscles and force it out :eek:
    I have no idea, would be nice if there was a way.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisedotcom)
    Stand up alot, and let gravity do the rest? :confused: Or tense your muscles and force it out :eek:
    I have no idea, would be nice if there was a way.
    :suith: :suith:
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    You know, I don't think there is.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there is a way....

Wish there was though!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you end up with that sort of day of very little, sometimes excercise can make you bleed more - for me that would sometimes get rid of that last day - or make it less noticable anyway.

But there's no definate way.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Excercise. Lots of it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know you can take tablets to delay your period, and I heard that if you take them when you're on your period it stops it immediately. Bit late for you now though sorry.
    • 0 followers

Well, *cough* orgasms are supposed to help because they cause the uterus to contract which helps the blood come out. Also helps with cramping. ummm. Yeah haha.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Exercise and orgasms hmm. One of which I try to avoid, and the other tends to avoid me
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well, *cough* orgasms are supposed to help because they cause the uterus to contract which helps the blood come out. Also helps with cramping. ummm. Yeah haha.
    But... don't they make you feel more *******ed up because contractions add to the pain factor?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qubog)
    Bit of a random question and one you'd think i'd know the answer to at the grand old age of 22. But I have my period at the minute, have had it since wednesday and would quite like to get rid of it before tomorrow night *cough*. Is there actually a way you can speed up the end of your period?

ha, brilliant post. um, i tend to be one of those annoying people who has a 2 day period. this is convenient because, let's be honest, as if i could afford to buy more tampons at the mo. it's like one box lasts me a whole friggin decade.

erm...i'm not sure there is any legitimately tested means of speeding it up. maybe google it, although im sure there will be a lot of dodginess in the search results. is it still...heavy?

otherwise, i guess, as they say, (they usually being 12 year old boys in biology classes): "if the red river flows, take the dirt road".

(or just give him head).
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halátnost)
    ha, brilliant post. um, i tend to be one of those annoying people who has a 2 day period. this is convenient because, let's be honest, as if i could afford to buy more tampons at the mo. it's like one box lasts me a whole friggin decade.

erm...i'm not sure there is any legitimately tested means of speeding it up. maybe google it, although im sure there will be a lot of dodginess in the search results. is it still...heavy?

otherwise, i guess, as they say, (they usually being 12 year old boys in biology classes): "if the red river flows, take the dirt road".

(or just give him head).
    Gross
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    Unless you can justify a GP prescribing you Norethisterone about now-ish, probably not. And even then it wouldn't be totally reliable at stopping it in time.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Unless you can justify a GP prescribing you Norethisterone about now-ish, probably not. And even then it wouldn't be totally reliable at stopping it in time.
    you always have super medical related answers man. respect.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Nah. Once I had the contraceptive injection and when I came off it I had spotting for 6 months and even then it was difficult to get the doctor to give me Norethisterone, so don't think there'd be much chance of getting it just because i've got a chance of sex tomorrow night not that I would take unnecessary medication just for a sesh anyway :p:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 23, 2011
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.