The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1
Okay well I don't know any specific details about the French Bac., but when it comes to English requirements I know people who have achieved a BBC for a BBB requirement and have still been offered the place. In your case the difference between 13.5/20 and 14/20 seems small (Again I'm assuming this so I apologise if it's actually quite a big difference) I guess it also comes down to how popular the Russian And Arabic course is :smile:

What you could do is e-mail the University if you have any worries, they have a good support system and would gladly help you out, possibly telling you how popular the cours is :biggrin:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Maybe contact them about your offer and ask them if that does translate to BBB.
I have been told that if I miss the A in maths not to bother contacting the uni but if I get the A in maths but miss my other A then if I give them a ring (on a special number given by the admissions tutor ) then it is still possible they will accept me so my advice is talk to them in advance and see what they say.
Hello,

I'm in exactly the same position, if not a worse position. My offer from Leeds is subject to me getting an overall 14,5 at the baccaleaureat!! Completely crazy! Today my history teacher called to try and explain to them the baccaleaureat ( for example coefficient 7 for philosophy in série L!!!!), but they still wouldn't budge. Why don't you try and get your enlish teacher to do the same thing as my teacher? Hopefully they'll be more lenient with you than me!!
No leeds only asked me for 10 in english... which i thought was really weird! I applied for spanish. Well I'm not sure that's so true, because my sister did bac S and got 20/20 in enlish and I swear it's just the same text and they get like 2 less questions no?
I'm pretty sure Leeds is lenient on results day. So long as it isn't a huge drop from your offer, or it isn't a hugely over-subscribed course (which I doubt yours is) I reckon you'll be okay. :smile:
it depends on the course and what the numbers are looking like for that course this year....also on how many other people have made/missed their offers!

the only way to find out will be on results day itself, they change the university home page to have a login screen where you can put in your UCAS number, say you have slightly missed your grades, when you log in they will either say that your place was confirmed anyway, or they couldn't confirm your place on that course but they are offering you an alternative (usually a joint honours course similar to your main subject) or to phone a number....they give you advice on the day.

Latest