The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

fusionskd
I've spoken to the examinations officer at my college and she said I can't retake it without my teachers permission...theres no way around it, I also asked her about doing it at another centre but she said the only way to do that would be to do all the modules at that centre, not just one of them...as in the whole a-level at the different centre. :s-smilie: :frown: Looks like my only option now is to convince my teacher....

thats rubbish. They're trying to stop you doing it. From my personal experience i can tell you this is a load of crap.

This year I did 3 units of my History at another centre and im sitting the A2 exam at my school. I also did my S1 exam in a different centre to my school and the grade changed for my Maths AS from B to an A on the results sheet. It does not matter one bit which centre you sit the exam as long as you have the correct UCI number when you sit the exam. The UCI number is like a mark bank account where the exams you sit are recorded with the mark. That account is cashed in depending when your school do it. My school do the cashing in of all results in August after the A2 results. However some schools cash in AS grades straight after you get the results.
Reply 41
Your exams officer is lying. You can go to any centre and sit the exam you want as long as you have the right UCI number, it should be on the same slip.
Reply 42
LieDown
Thats terrible!!! That's so unfair! At my school, we can just write down whatever retakes we want to take on a slip of paper then hand them in, and its up to us to sort things out!

Tell your teacher that if they dont let you take it, you're holding him responsible for you doing not getting the required grades and not getting into your desired university!! Haha that should scare any teacher.
If not, then take it up with your Head of Year hell even your headmaster! It's not fair, you're old enough to make your own decisions about these things and if you want to be responsible for retaking then you should be allowed to do it!

Arrgh sorry but injustices within school really anger me!! Some teachers are so WEIRD about these things!!

Wish you all the best, keep trying!

steve2006
thats rubbish. They're trying to stop you doing it. From my personal experience i can tell you this is a load of crap.

This year I did 3 units of my History at another centre and im sitting the A2 exam at my school. I also did my S1 exam in a different centre to my school and the grade changed for my Maths AS from B to an A on the results sheet. It does not matter one bit which centre you sit the exam as long as you have the correct UCI number when you sit the exam. The UCI number is like a mark bank account where the exams you sit are recorded with the mark. That account is cashed in depending when your school do it. My school do the cashing in of all results in August after the A2 results. However some schools cash in AS grades straight after you get the results.

Hmmm I'm not sure why they want to stop me from doing it! I mean it is my friggin choice after all right...hopefully I can convince the teacher to let me retake, otherwise I will take it further to the head teacher with my parents! :mad:
Thank you for your advice though, I'll be sure to mention that too!
Reply 43
naz707
Your exams officer is lying. You can go to any centre and sit the exam you want as long as you have the right UCI number, it should be on the same slip.

I'll be sure to mention it again to her, She did seem to be a air-head when I asked the question! I might even ask someone higher up than her....

Latest