The Student Room Group

Body hair removal

Ok, so me and my friend have done an experiment..we've given up shaving our legs for lent, this was for a number of reasons, mainly because we were drunk at the time..and decided to go through with it, on a £50 bet lol

anyway, i was wondering..whats everyones favourite method of body hair removal? personally i like the waxing method, i do it on my eyebrows and its very painfree..I find shaving is just pointless, what about everyone else, men can join in too...do you shave your chest/pubes???
Reply 1
Laser
Reply 2
I was actually thinking about doing a poll on this topic this morning but didn't go near the computer. I think it would be worthwhile making a poll to find out what's the most common form of hair removal.
Reply 3
this summer i waxed my chest, and it hurt so much that i said "no more", so now i am doing laser, so hope fully, they will disappear. you can see a picture of how it looked this summer on my profile -> much better than with hair.
Reply 4
epilation is amazing
Reply 5
naelse
epilation is amazing

*cringes* Yeah, amazingly painful.

I use a razor. The kind with little bars that stop me injuring myself too badly. I've never quite got the hang of the "light touch" required for bar-less razors.
Reply 6
Mach 3 ftw
Reply 7
Celifein
*cringes* Yeah, amazingly painful.

I use a razor. The kind with little bars that stop me injuring myself too badly. I've never quite got the hang of the "light touch" required for bar-less razors.

well since i get the most awfully painful razor burn, shaving is actually the painful option for me. Yes, epilating hurts, but it only takes a minute and the regrowth is soft and doesn't feel someone is slowly poking needles into my skin for the entire time that it is growing back.
Reply 8
naelse
well since i get the most awfully painful razor burn, shaving is actually the painful option for me. Yes, epilating hurts, but it only takes a minute and the regrowth is soft and doesn't feel someone is slowly poking needles into my skin for the entire time that it is growing back.

I get the needle-poking thing after epilating and I always seem to get ingrown hairs afterwards as well. Plus, the hideous rash that takes forever to leave. It was just a lose-lose method for me.

Did you find that it irritated your skin when you first started using an epilator, or was it fine from the outset? Trying to work out if I should have stuck with it, rather than just saying, "Ow, **** that."
Reply 9
wax it all off, baby!!

Latest

Trending

Trending