The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i'm doing 17 exams, a few resits (2) and all my a2 modules because my school dont let us take any exams in january and we didnt take any AS general studies modules last year so we have 6 for june
Glad to here it, and why you still on here start revising LOL (too much)

Good luck bdw, not that your going to need it, you'll be prepared
Kam
Here was me thinking 9 exams was a lot.
Someone on here did 21 exams in June last year.

I had my hands full with 12. If you're aiming for As in every module, it ain't easy!
You must make yourself a proper time plan (not a strict timetable as they are just useless) with targets of what needs to be done and when. I would set yourself proper targets for each week at least, otherwise you end up floundering and will get drowned with work toward the exam end. Don't go overboard with ridiculous amounts of revision due to over-enthusiasm: 4-5 hrs proper intense work per day is MORE than enough, and have plenty of downtime.
Reply 24
Not really. I did 17 last June, it didn't seem that bad.
Reply 25
In my honest view, i wouldn't wish no more than 10 exams on anyone one, straight A student or not. Because at the end of the day, exams can be stressful and the amount of revision needed can burn people out.

Me personaly, i got my crucial resist out the way this january and i see 8 or 9 exams as enough for me, but 10 is the line that i don't want to reach.

In my honest view, if you are well orginized, hard working, dedicated and revise from till your exam, you have a good chance of doing well across the board. But the fact that you came on here to ask if 14 is too many, might suggest that you doubt is a sign that you don't think your capable? and if so, i wouldn't risk it.
Reply 26
14 here as well - 6 maths :-) might be 13 if one of the results I got last week was false.

German time now ;>
Reply 27
angel_eyes00005
Its added upto £160.00 for the resits.

my exams are 5 from chemistry (out of 6 for the full a-level), 4 from maths, 1 from sociology and 4 from english (1 of them is coursework) and AEA critical thinking.

furthermore, chemistry, maths and english are some of the harder a-levels. sociology is easy so thats the only one thats going to be a doddle.

plus, i need AAA to get the career i wish to have (in Law). preferably AAAA plus distinction.

have i taken on too much. (i highly ambitious though and need to do all the exams if i have a chance to get AAAA).

reactions please.

It's a fair few but it is do-able, i did something similar in my A2 year by retaking all my chem modules and a load of others too.

On an unrelated note...i see in your signature your insurance choice has higher entrance requirements than your firm choice...what is the point in that? Sorry to sound harsh, but IF you dont get into your 1st choice cos of your grades, how do you expect to get into a higher course? :confused:
Reply 28
If your work hard enough you will be fine!

I need to do resits, my june exam line up is:

Critical thinking Units 1,2,3,4
Business Studies, module 1,2,3
ICT Units,1,2

9 Exams, I think 4 resits will be ok in may/june and im finishing my coursework and starting revision straight away!!

Good luck though.
I've got 14, but two of them are pratical exams (phsyics) so that doesn't really count.
I did 22 exams in my AS year. 14 is fine.

Jesus.
generalebriety
I did 22 exams in my AS year. 14 is fine.

Jesus.

But you are different:p:
silent ninja
But you are different:p:

Yeah, I'm different. I don't see that I have 14 exams and **** myself silly and think "no one could possibly live under that kind of pressure!", I see that I have 14 exams (or 22 exams, or whatever) and realise that I need to reschedule my revision plan.
Reply 33
It's only too much if you don't prepare for them fully...

I've got 13 in June and my prep starts now
Reply 34
Only a big pansy (Ie whoever started this thread) would complan about having 14 exams! Boo hoo to you, just join the club and find some balls.
My friend has 26 exams in June- beat that.
Reply 36
Im doing 15 exams but that includes 5 General studies ones.
Reply 37
angel_eyes00005
it cost £14.50 each.

...mine cost £16 each...i see my school is just scamming us for money then....
Reply 38
I'm doing 20. :p:

*However* 3 of those are reits, 3 are General Studies, 2 are practicals and 2 are AEAs. Hence there's only 10 that I need to revise for seriously.
Reply 39
I'm doing 20 - 10 resits (my poor dad has had to pay for those), and 10 first time exams. I had 14 at the end of my AS year, and I found it ok.

Latest