The Student Room Group

Can the requirements of your offer be changed after being submitted to ucas?

Here is my situation

I have an offer for my course (2008 Entry) which is

A - Maths
A - Further Maths
A - Physics

I have this offer confirmed on ucas.

However some friends of mine applying to similar/related courses have had offers asking for A's in every maths module that they take. I have got a high B in one of these modules.

1) Can my offer be changed to include the extra criteria?

2) If the offer on ucas does not change and I meet the requirements on the ucas offer can the uni legally refuse to take me

I should walk 4 overall A's in the exams but I am worried that the B in the Maths module could stop me getting on the course

Thanks for any answers/opinions
Don't worry anout it. Offers are individual.
Reply 2
I know they change from person to person but in theroy can the offer be changed after it is submited to ucas
Reply 3
seddon
I know they change from person to person but in theroy can the offer be changed after it is submited to ucas

I would think that it is highly unlikely. They would have reviewed your application before they gave you the offer.
Reply 4
seddon

2) If the offer on ucas does not change and I meet the requirements on the ucas offer can the uni legally refuse to take me

No when you accept the offer it is legally binding that they accept you conditional on the offer.
Reply 5
no worries bro,
Reply 6
It's very unlikely that they'll change your offer, but everyone should realise that they can. This is usually only if your circumstances change or if they've made a mistake, but it can (and rarely does) happen.
Reply 7
Here is my situation

I have an offer for my course which is

A - Maths
A - Further Maths
A - Physics

However some friends of mine applying to similar/related (at other uni's) courses have had offers asking for A's in every maths module that they take. I have got a high B in one of these modules.

1) In thory can my offer be changed and made harder with extra criteria?

2) If the offer on ucas does not change and I meet the requirements on the ucas offer can a uni legally refuse to take me

I should walk 4 overall A's in the exams but I am worried that the B in the Maths module could stop me getting on the course

Reply 8
Why should your offer be changed?:confused:
Reply 9
Your offer cannot be made more difficult, they would need your permission to do that on UCAS.

If you meet all requirements set on UCAS, then no, they cannot refuse to let you have your place. So don't worry!
Reply 10
You don't have anything to worry about. If a university issues different/specific conditions this is often because they deem it to be appropriate to the candidate they've given it to (for whatever reasons). It's not applicable to everyone. So don't worry about your friends' conditions, they won't affect your case.
No, don't worry, you are absolutely fine.
Reply 12
Juno
It's very unlikely that they'll change your offer, but everyone should realise that they can. This is usually only if your circumstances change or if they've made a mistake, but it can (and rarely does) happen.

Its true, my history teachers son was accepted to do Law on 3Bs somewhere, then they sent him a letter saying because of an influx of applications its going upto AAB. Didn't really matter to him though, straight A student.:hmmm: But yeah, they can change the conditions.
They can't make it higher once it sent on UCAS but one of my friends had his biology offer lowered from exeter.
Reply 14
Only if you're lying scum can they change your offer. As in, if you lied about something in your UCAS form. If your form was correct, you have nothing to fear.
Reply 15
seddon
Here is my situation

I have an offer for my course which is

A - Maths
A - Further Maths
A - Physics

However some friends of mine applying to similar/related (at other uni's) courses have had offers asking for A's in every maths module that they take. I have got a high B in one of these modules.

1) In thory can my offer be changed and made harder with extra criteria?

2) If the offer on ucas does not change and I meet the requirements on the ucas offer can a uni legally refuse to take me

last year i was holding an offer for engineering science at oxford and my offer was plain AAA -- nothing specific with modules.
Reply 16
The decisions sent to ucas can be changed, it happened to me, but only due to a mistake, the university of manchester incorrectly sent the decision to ucas saying that i had been unsucessful, but 3 days later it was changed to a conditional offer and i recieved a letter from the uni saying that they had made a mistake but it had now been corrected. So changes can be made, however, in your particular circumstances i dont think you have anything to worry about, if your offer only says AAA and you acheive that they cant reject you on the grounds that you got a B in a module as this isnt specified in the offer, so nothing to worry about!

Hope this helps
My friend got an offer from Exeter, can't remember exactly what it was, and then they changed it to a higher offer on UCAS. So yes, it can happen, but isn't that likely.

Latest

Trending

Trending