The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
The Management School at Lancaster University is one of the best (or The Best? I can't remember) in the UK!
But I don't do the course, so I'll give you general pointers about the University.
The Place - Nicely situated, you can get to Morecambe very easily and you're not too far from Manchester if you want to go to big gigs or something. It's a nice historic town with lovely places to visit like The Castle, and Williamson Park!
The Social Life - We have 9 bars... and thats JUST on-campus. Thats 9 bars within easy walking distance. Suffice to say it's very socialable. In town, we have some big bars (Liquid, Cuba, Revolution, Toast, Sugarhouse, Hustle etc), and free bus services to The Carleton in Morecambe.
The Campus - We're in 9 colleges (including Grad), and this means that its very community-based, with friendly banter and allows you the chance to have many networks of friends not only across-campus, but also across-colleges. The accommodation is all pretty new and done up (Grizedale and County have new townhouses, most other colleges' accommodation is only a couple of years old).
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
I lovvvved lancaster, ace uni..good accomodation, good social life, and good academic reputation, what more can you ask for really lol?
Reply 3
cheers. is lancaster a bit cut off from the rest of the world? apparently 90 mins by train from manchester? what about lancaster as a city- lively, boring? cheers
Reply 4
ChrisBarnes
cheers. is lancaster a bit cut off from the rest of the world? apparently 90 mins by train from manchester? what about lancaster as a city- lively, boring? cheers

About an hour on the train to Manc, but usually very cheap tickets.
The city itself is all you'll really need though - it's always very lively and there's something going on every night of the week.
the city is lush, got great shops, nightlife, good central train station, bus service etc. The city has really nice landscape too, good archietecture, nice and old..northern lol, like you've just stepped out of coronation street!!! As for being cut off, i think the fact that there is a central train station means most major cities are a train ride away.
Reply 6
ok brilliant cheers, ill definately be looking round it later in the year
Reply 7
I thought you were the Chris Barnes i know then oops...
Reply 8
Lancaster = Nice. I cannot think of a better word to sum up the uni, people, or city. It's just so Nice. I love it.
Reply 9
Lancaster is a hidden gem. So many stereotypes and most of them are wrong. The night life is a million times better than anyone could imagine from a city of it's size.

Latest

Trending

Trending