The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
der is bare gcses on this page dem
Reply 41
8 GCSE's (English Language, English Literature, Maths, Science, Additional Science, Geography, History and Music)
C.I.D.A (Equivilent to 2 A*-C GCSE's)
OCN Mentoring Level 2 (Equivilent to 1 A-C GCSE)

So . . 11.
I'm doing;

English Language + Literature, Maths, Double Science, ICT, Geography, History, Resistant Materials and Religious Studies (short course) - I dropped french.

So I guess 9.5
Reply 43
btw, is the OCR ICT CLAIT lvl 2 regarded as 0.5 of a GCSE? :biggrin:
And what about the Arts Award (silver), that equals a NVQ lvl 2 - GCSE level but how many GCSEs?
I do 10 GCSEs (9 full, and 2 short courses) and an AS. If I wasn't doing the AS then I'd be taking 12, which is the maximum you can do at my school (a grammar).
I should have 11.5 GCSEs at the end of it :]
I've already 4.5 of them (Short Course R.E, ICT, Stats, Maths & Core Science)
They wouldn't let us do AS Maths or ICT cos the college didn't like us doing it so we do Additional Maths and OCR ICT...
So 13.5 Qualifications :] Hopefully...
Reply 46
11 =]

Maths Eng lit+ Lang, 3 Science, GEography, History IT, French.

My friend is doing 13 0.0
did latin last year and doing spanish extra this year
I'm doing 10 GCSEs. At my school, you can do either 9 or 10, but you can also pick up short course RS at the beginning of Y11.

I think that 10 is a fairly good number, but I wouldn't have been able to cope with more than 11, if the timetable allowed.
Reply 48
9, wish I could take more though.
I have seven GCSE grades at the mo. I took three proper GCSE's and I also got a 'Pass' in an ICT GNVQ, which, in terms of points, is the equivalent of four GCSE C's.

By the end of Year 11 (this summer), assuming I'll pass all of my exams, I'll have 14 GCSE grades from 11 subjects, including that GNVQ. :smile:
Reply 50
I am taking:

English, Maths, Science (Modular) Double Award, Sociology, R.E (Long Course), Graphics, ICT (No exam, just coursework :smile: as well as equivalent to two GCSE's) and the Arabic exam in which I'll hopefully ace since it is my primary language.

So, 10 GCSE's.
I'll be taking 10 GCSE's in the summer, and I took 1 in 2007, so in August I'll have 11 overall.
16, 8 from last year and 8 from this year
Reply 53
I am taking 12.5 GCSE's, its plenty and theres only one I think there is a chance of me failing.
Reply 54
Errrm, 10 I think?
Reply 55
I took 1 last year - Spanish.
This year I'm taking 9 - Triple Science, Maths, English Language, Geography, ICT, German and PE.
So 10 GCSEs in total.

BUT, since I'm in Spain, I also have to take a few subjects for the Spanish system - Spanish Language, Social Sciences and Catalan. :s-smilie:
Reply 56
I did 10 in years 8 and 9 because our school thought i might as well seeing as I cope well under pressure and am incredibly clever.

In year 10 and 11 i did the base 12 for our school, so altogether i did 22. I found GCSE very, very easy and that is why I was able to do so many.
Reply 57
I have 18 full GCSEs.
7 :\ (actual gcses )
I did full GCSE Science and Short Course RE last Year
And this year I'm doing English, English Lit, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, ICT, French, Spanish, Business Studies and History

So 12.5 altogether :biggrin:

Helena xxx

Latest