The Student Room Group
uhh, why is this a surprise? international students pay up to 10 times the domestic fees in the uk.
Reply 2
UK fees for int students are 3x domestic. AUS fees for int students are 2.5x domestic. The pound is a strong currency, the AUD is not as strong. So yeah, it is cheaper. Have you looked at uni websites? The cost for Aus unies range most from 16000 AUD to 23000.
Reply 3
I think aussie uni fees seem expensive as they dont offer loans etc so you have to find the money, but UK unis give funds as student loans, So thats why it may seem expensive to go and study in Aus due to the no intrest free student loans facility
Australian unis were a fair bit cheaper till late 2006 when the Aussie dollar was at around the 75-80 US cents mark...since the last few months, the Aussie dollar has appreciated significantly (to around 93 US cents at the moment) so it's not quite the same as before...

That said, the AUD is a very volatile currency, and will come down again...when that will happen is up to market dynamics.
Reply 5
kazss11
I think aussie uni fees seem expensive as they dont offer loans etc so you have to find the money, but UK unis give funds as student loans, So thats why it may seem expensive to go and study in Aus due to the no intrest free student loans facility

That I think is the case for all International students all over the world. There are very few scholarships and loans available for international students and those are primarily for those who come from developing nations. UK unis give loans because you're a local student.

Latest

Trending

Trending