The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Actual interest in accounting and mathematics, interest in dealing with money as well as earning quite a lot of it.
Money, money, money, money.
Reply 3
CKS
It is soooo boring! Give me some reasons! :rolleyes:

The money, why else? :smile:
Reply 4
CKS
It is soooo boring! Give me some reasons! :rolleyes:

Some people also enjoy problem solving, my mother always says how satisfying it is when you outsmart the Inland Revenue. Having a good knowledge of tax can also be highly benificial in life, you can save yourself a lot of money if you know how to play the game.
lol, i was wondering why many people would do it dispite the sum of money that they get. I'd never want to go to work if it was my job.
Reply 6
broken_virtue
lol, i was wondering why many people would do it dispite the sum of money that they get. I'd never want to go to work if it was my job.

well, you've never tried it have you? it has a poor image, though rightly so as they appear to talk complete shite when not about work

TBH what jobs are there that are fantastic to work in? all of them have something other people don't like about them, just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to brand those who work in it losers

there are some very brilliant, very well paid accountants in the big four who spend practically all their time chatting and eating with clients, although these are in the minority

at the end of the day, you can only do a job that is remotely linked to something you enjoy, and hope it works out for you
Reply 7
Louise_1988
Some people also enjoy problem solving, my mother always says how satisfying it is when you outsmart the Inland Revenue. Having a good knowledge of tax can also be highly benificial in life, you can save yourself a lot of money if you know how to play the game.

Copycat :eek:
My cousins an accountant and she loves it.

...But she's a cambridge maths graduate so obviously I can't vouch for her sanity. :wink:
Reply 9
my dad's an accountant...

but he's also re-training as a plumber so maybe he's asking the same thing :wink:
Reply 10
My brother really wants to be an accountant.. and I don't understand it either. I guess he like numbers, maths, and money :smile:

TBH what jobs are there that are fantastic to work in?

Being a veterinary surgeon of course! :biggrin:
accountancy isn't purely based on the sterotypical view of number crunching..... you can advise clients on certain aspects of the business, or tell them the position they are in financially... a lot of accounting(especially management accounting) involves liasing with clients and traveling, usually with a laptop
Reply 12
DazYaABBB
accountancy isn't purely based on the sterotypical view of number crunching..... you can advise clients on certain aspects of the business, or tell them the position they are in financially... a lot of accounting(especially management accounting) involves liasing with clients and traveling, usually with a laptop

Well said - Daz you know quite abit about accounting :smile:
TheWolf
Well said - Daz you know quite abit about accounting :smile:

thanks man
Reply 14
It's not a boring job. It's far more interesting than law and paid about the same, but you don't need a law degree.
Reply 15
Rosebud
It's not a boring job. It's far more interesting than law and paid about the same, but you don't need a law degree.

Agreed.
Accountants usually get paid very well. My uncle is working for Accenture as some sort of accountant, and he is earning a 6 figure salery!
I want to be a chartered accountant. My links with my uncle will make it easy for me to slip through the net without a degree from cambridge!
Reply 17
Louise_1988

sounds good to me! :biggrin:
Reply 18
CKS
OP
SinghFello
My links with my uncle will make it easy for me to slip through the net without a degree from cambridge!

whatever
CKS
whatever

Maybe I should have said *Hopefully* my links with him will give me a better chance

Latest

Trending

Trending