The Student Room Group
Reply 1
As far as I know, Imperial's reputation is significantly higher. But I can't compare as I haven't even started university yet. :smile:
What do you mean by at the same level?

If you're talking about which one is respected more by employers, then there is probably little difference between the two.
Reply 3
I am taking everything into account - academic reputation, empleyers opinion, campus, research etc. Just standard things when you think about unis.
Reply 4
The area around Bristol uni is much more lively than the area around Imperial. That's one of the things that swayed me towards Bristol.
Reply 5
And the rest? Cause i put academic reputation over the location unfortunately.
Reply 6
I would say Imperial is slightly higher, but not by a lot. I think in one of the recent league tables Bristol was higher than Imperial, so it's not clear cut.
Reply 7
They're about the same level, but Imperial has the bigger international reputation. The Times subject table ranks Bristol higher but the error margin is probably higher than the size of the gap between the two.

Imperial has a very different feel from Bristol (lots more international students, very engineering/science focussed, male dominated). The London/Bristol difference is obviously also a major factor.
Reply 8
Yep, Bristol is well recognise locally, but Imperil has probably more international reputation.

Latest

Trending

Trending