The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

BGP - Which bus to take?

Hi all! I've got a bunch of questions...but I'll ask them little by little:s-smilie:

I am arriving at Nottingham on April the 25th, I am going to stay at BGP and I would like to know where people take the bus to Jubillee Campus. Which bus should i take? and...I've heard that busses to the university are for free to students but I don't have my student card yet, will I have to pay the bus ticket? On the other hand, is it insane to walk from BGP to Jubilee Campus? how long does it take? :smile:

Thanks a lot for you answers :wink:
Reply 1
If you walk onto UP, you can get the hopper bus from there. Can't remember all the stops, but it definitely goes from outside the Hallward library. You won't need your student ID - no-one checks on that bus!

You could walk it, but it'd take a while.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
To walk from Uni Park to Jubilee campus will probably take like 30 minutes roughly, depending on whereabouts you're starting from.

There are quite a few places you can get the bus to get to Jubilee - just looks out for the buses with 'Jubilee Campus' on the front.
Reply 3
The closest hopper stop to BGP is the one just outside the history building.
Reply 4
Thanks a lot for your answers mates :smile:

So I would have to take this bus at 5th point in this map, right?
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/about/campuses/documents/up-map.pdf

How about to return from Jubilee?
Reply 5
That's right, it's the stop right near Willoughby, Cavendish and Ancaster.

Not sure where to get the bus from the Jubilee campus to get back, but it shouldn't be too hard to find as the Jubilee campus isn't that big. I assume that most hopper buses will be headed to Uni Park anyway.
Reply 6
If I remember rightly, there's only one hopper bus stop at Jubilee (it's a much smaller campus), so you get back on where you get off.
Reply 7
Is there a bus stop near Cripps or up by Hu Stu etc. (that side of campus) for getting into town does anyone know?
Reply 8
There's one on Derby Road next to Lenton & Wortley
Reply 9
It's called Ancaster Lane. You can get it from there.
Reply 11
theres a free bus in the centre of university park campus. its about 2 or 3 mins from all catered halls.
if i was you tho...id reapply to get a place at st peters court. its a nicer halls, and much closer.

Latest