The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I feel kind of panicked because I'm really not sure what to expect from most of my subjects; they're all essay based, and could go really wrong on the day augh! :p:
Reply 2
Not that bad really

my january result has really calmed me down, ive been revising for a while now, and im confident enough in my abilities in my subjects

the worse you think itll be the worse itll be
Reply 3
I'm really worried too... mostly about how subjective the exams so often are!
But it sounds as though you're doing a lot of preparation, so there's really nothing more you can do other than to keep up the hard work - I stressed so much over my January exams, but looking back, it was ridiculous to get myself into such an unnecessary state!
As long as you're doing the revision and putting the time in, which you evidently are, you've got very little to worry about :smile:
I'm trying to take my own advice and chill out a little bit... exams and results aren't the end of the world, although they seem to be at times!
I'm just hoping for the best - but I'll definitely be revising! :p:
Just work hard as you can and can't really ask for anything more. If you literally give 100% you will be fine.
Reply 5
sh!!!!!! myself about stats - 2months today :O and i still don't understand the basics of normal distribution...or many other things for that matter! core maths = just a joke now! english = haven't even finished one of the books, have no idea what the themes are in any of the texts! chemistry = as i get better in unit 2, i rapidly slide towards failing unit 1... as for the history and business studies, i'll be praying i have a miraculous time on the days! =] xo
Reply 6
Wow, you guys are starting early. I only started proper revision about mid-April!
Haven't started revision yet. Pretty sure I'll get an A in maths, and I'm going to aim for 4+ 100%s in the 8 exams I'm doing.
Reply 8
Going to start revision this Thursday! I'm very very worried.
Reply 9
Yeah but thats because your a genius Excalibur, you knew everything in that bio revision thread we had up before the exams last year :p:
I'm half and half.

I'm confident with C1 and C2, C3 and to an extent, S1.
M1 could swing either way. It seems to have its days.
C4... meh.
Erm im feeling kinda doget about them cause the way i revise takes time, i re-write all my notes then do exam practice. But im going good i think :P , i got 2/3 of my geog notes done, no where near done enough english lit, no where enough maths and ive done 1/2 of maths revison notes.....
Reply 12
FootballJunkie
Erm im feeling kinda doget about them cause the way i revise takes time, i re-write all my notes then do exam practice. But im going good i think :P , i got 2/3 of my geog notes done, no where near done enough english lit, no where enough maths and ive done 1/2 of maths revison notes.....

Wheey! I revise like that! Haven't started yet though :s-smilie:
I know this is for AS exams, and I'm doing A2 but I'm also feeling really worried. After seeing some of the papers and knowing I have to revise all of the A-level material is REALLY stressing me out!!
I am feeling depressed about it but most people are in the same boat which is what's pulling me through the phase. My January modules turned out way better than expected though I'm re-sitting three to improve my UMS marks.

I'm aiming for 270/300 in Biology since it's my strongest subject right now. Based on what I got in C1 (86) I'm really aiming for 260/300 as a minimum in Maths realistically but hopefully I'll get a higher A with C1 in the re-sit this summer and just as well in C2. I'm just worried about S1 but I'm going to practice, practice, practice!

That leaves Chemistry and Computing...

I need to do a lot of work with Computing if I want to get an A. I'm resitting CPT1 despite getting a B. I think I can get an A in CPT3 but CPT2 is progressing very slowly...

With Chemistry, it's going to be a hit or miss with an A I feel. I personally blame it on doing Edexcel Nuffield's syllabus lol! :p:

Fingers crossed. It could be worse - a lot worse. I'm really hoping for AAAA at the end of AS.
You can only do your best, seriously.

And I'll probably get shouted at for this, but I've no aversion to blowing your mental health during exams if it helps you get the results you want. You've got all summer to get over it :p:

If this means developing a v.poor taste in music (as it gets to 3am and you're desperate to stay awake and interested), a penchant for krispy kremes or the like, coke/coffee guzzling or having dreams about osmosis, so be it! :biggrin:
D1 is proving to be a nightmare module; I got 56/100 (D) in my last practice paper. I should be able to get 95% in FP1 and M1, and if I can fluke an A then I'll get ~270 which isn't superb, but at least it's 90%.
Just wait until next year, when you don't have the option of resitting if you do really badly!!! totally adds to the stress factor, but i haven't started to revise yet, and don't plan to for a few weeks..... still doing coursework and haven't even started 2 modules yet!
starlight89
Just wait until next year, when you don't have the option of resitting if you do really badly!!! totally adds to the stress factor, but i haven't started to revise yet, and don't plan to for a few weeks..... still doing coursework and haven't even started 2 modules yet!

you what? :eek:

i'm feeeeeling STRESSED. i've spent my saturday night doing c/w/revising and i've never done this before, ehe.
I haven't started with revisions yet. I think C3 is going to be fine, and I only just started learning C4 last week (starting with the integration...), so I have no idea how that will go. Physics module 2+3 will be fine. Wish I could say the same for Chemistry...

Latest