The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Going to start revising after Easter hols, well that's the plan, am I the only one that doesn't mind doing exams?
Oh, I don't mind doing exams.

Just they're a little nerve racking because they hold so much weight on your future.
Im Gona Fail!!!
I am not depressed but I am starting to feel stressed.
I am looking forward to them - I will work seriously hard for them this Easter, and think I will get AAAA, especially after my January module results.

The will be deciding my career (as a Doctor, hopefully) and I look forwrad to working through the night and day during the holiday.

I know it sounds sad, but I quite enjoy it.

:smile:
Hmm... you enjoy it now, that might change next year!! :wink:
Half and half.

I almost REALLY enjoyed GCSE exam season. Study leave involved sleeping in until 1pm, then seeing people or chatting on msn or whatever. I also enjoyed the whole team ethic of it; everyone freaking out and stuff. Was a nice human drama, which kind of amused me. The gentle walks across town with my maties to get to school with everyone reciting various facts to themselves and getting told to shut up. The very specific sense of purpose everytime you took an exam (unlike most of my time school) and the general sense of long and peaceful relaxation at all other times. Oh, GCSEs were sweet melancholy -- during the day...

On the other hand, they had disgusting at night-time when I couldn't sleep for thoughts that I'd done something stupid/not bothered to revise at all. The foremost was self-perpetuating, because I'd do more ridiculous things in exams as a result of sleep-deprivation. The latter was just a standard symptom of a deeper mental flaw. Normally an insomniac, GCSEs turned me into someone who simply couldn't function in morning exams without red-bull.

So. I dunno about AS-levels. I haven't done much work for them, but I may be able to overcome this problem with some cramming in the last few months. I learn pretty well that way. Frankly, I was really gutted not to have any January exams; I felt I needed something to prove that work Really is Necessary/Kick Me Into Action. But ah well.

Economics -- sorta looking forward to this in the same way I've look forward to self-harm and running in middle-distance athletics events. Some of the stuff won't sit in my brain unless I twist a little, I feel.

History -- ****ed. There aren't any comprehensive revision notes online, because OCR offers a gazillion modules, so I'm having to make-do with stuff my friend and I found from random school web-pages. Yes, we may have stolen notes from your school's history department. I also hate history this year, and therefore haven't managed to absorb ANYTHING. 'tis gonna be learning from scratch almost.

English -- Um, I dunno. Kind of a lottery, oui? Bull****ting tends to be the name of the game. Hoping to ace the coursework, though.

Politics -- Most confident about this one. Should be a breeze with a bit of fact-learning. Of course, I might fail to jump through hoops and such, which is always the worry.

Hmmm...
Reply 27
have people started to revise already then?!
We have not finished any of the topics yet and still get lots of work!
arghh!
French speaking exam exactly a month today. Blerghh. :frown:
Reply 29
I feeling slightly stressed now I have realised everyone has started revision!

I'm just making sure my notes are comprehensive and complete compared with the specification and making sure I understand all the concepts involved with my subjects! Oh and trying to write about Anne Frank for my german oral presentation.
Reply 30
I'm feeling slightly worried. I'm resitting ENB1 and I'm sitting my two Law modules for AS.

I already have 69 for ENB1, which was top end of a C, so I'm not too worried about that one. It's just to help me to have a better chance of getting my grade C at A level.

In my first Law module I got 43, which was a low D. I'm resitting that one, along with the new one English Legal System which I'm feeling more confident about.

They are the only AS exams I am doing. What's even better is, they are all before half term, which means I'll have no AS Law classes after half term. So, I'll be able to concentrate on my A2 exams. :smile:
I really cant believe people are revising already. There exams are more than 2 months away for pitys sake!!
Reply 32
I'm starting revision tomorrow during easter holidays :smile:
I'm quite worried that i'm going to mess up my physics ans stats papers...
I'm hoping for A's in chemistry, maths, physics and spanish 1st lang!
good luck every1!!!
Reply 33
stressed is the word i would use.
not depressed.

argh. you all have easter holidays now or next week :/ we dont get ours until the 4th april, so theyre not really easter holidays more spring holidays. i want a holiday now!
Get a grip people!...ASs are a walk in the park compared to A2...
Reply 35
stephhhh
stressed is the word i would use.
not depressed.

argh. you all have easter holidays now or next week :/ we dont get ours until the 4th april, so theyre not really easter holidays more spring holidays. i want a holiday now!

oh I've got now 2 weeks easter holidays... but they aren't holidays we're supposed to start revising :frown: soo.... until the 5th june... no holidays 4 me hahah
Reply 36
Hah, I can't even revise yet.

Damn geography coursework...
I haven't been able to really get into revision to be honest because we're still getting ****loads of homework but how long a night are you guys revising for?
Reply 38
I started revision 2 - 3 weeks ago, doing past papers and making notes.

Hoping to get 3 A's in Bio, Chem and Maths :smile:

Can't wait till summer when I can relax!
I'm not panicking, I'm not panicking I tell you! *shifty eyes*
I can't start to properly revise until we finish every module. Psychology is scaring me, we still have Social and Developmental to do in the space of four weeks. On top of that remembering every other study and theory from other modules...
English Literature is very fifty/fifty at the minute, we've only done roughly 13 poems from the world's wife. Oscar Wilde is okay, although I must analyse to death the subtexts he constructs and how that contributes for maximum drama. Spies? I remember quotes for characters and a few general ones, although I am concerned if a theme question comes up, I don't think I will be able to write enough, I hope to GOD dual narrative doesn't come up this year.
Sociology is fine, as long as I remember the functionalist, marxist, interactionist, feminist approach to education and state polices and why some social classes do better than others combined with gender and ethnic groups I SHOULD be okay. We haven't even started research methods yeat though...
Media is good! The only one I feel slightly confident about, must go over new media technologies some more with gender but analysis of action is okay.
I'll probably start hardcore revision after next weekend, giving me roughly seven to eight weeks to cover the main stuff, thinking of past papers and what not.
Phew, that helped to get it all down, good luck everyone! :smile:

Latest