The Student Room Group

Oversized (and I mean, absolutely huge) hoodie with jeans

I have decided to snatch one of my dad's hoodies (that he bought on impulse and has never ever worn) and wear them.
They are sooo warm and comfier than most things I am used to (very much of a girly girl you see).

But, they are like ten sizes too big, with the arms longer than mine too. When I wear it (which I am currently doing right now - test run lol), it doesn't look ridiculous, but I am a size 6/8 at the best of times (being 5'1 does strange things to your size lol), and it sort of swamps me, but in a nice way...

So question - should I risk wearing it to college tomorrow with tight dark bootcut jeans? (The hoodie is grey-ish fleecy-ish).
I reckon I would be comfortable in it, but what do you guys think? Would it look OK?

Scroll to see replies

I do ALL the time, like everyday. I wear just cargo's and huge hoodies(I'm the same size as you!) and it's fine. No one has ever batted an eyelid. Go forth and be comfy!
Reply 2
It might just look like your wearing your dads jacket....:biggrin:
Reply 3
I didnt mean to come across horribe there BTW, so sorry if I did....:frown:
My girlfriend wears my hoodie occasionally, and I think its SO adorable. I like it :smile:
Reply 5
Lol, nah, it's actually quite a funky looking jacket lol.

I am just worried that it will look like I forgot to put my contacts on, and brought the wrong size.

I am tiny in size, so reckon it might look a bit funny. It looks really nice on many girls that I have seen wearing it, but they have all been taller than me (but let's face it, most people are lol).
You might look a bit odd, but so what?

I would wear them with super skinny jeans.... to emphasize the contrast between voluminous hoodie and slender body.
Reply 7
hey, dont worry about it catbee :biggrin: I actually LOL'ed :p:
I've seen petite girls wearing the massive hoodie look before and think it looks pretty cool. And cosy too i imagine!
Reply 9
I am not a particularly big fan of skinny jeans (I haven't got any) but my fav bootcut jeans are tight enough, and give a fair enough contrast.
yh should wear skinny jeans its creates a good contrast, bootcut may not pull it off aswel
Reply 11
Whoooo - so it's a yes to the oversized hoodie then.

Now onto the next dilemma - how do I do my hair :biggrin:
Lol..

Ponytail to get that sporty look, or flowing hair down to get the contrast?

*thinks*
Always go for comfort over style, is what I say. I love feeling comfy and swamped in my own clothes when I'm studying. :biggrin:
I do this all the time. I am quite a lot taller than you but I honestly don't see it being a problem. Anyway, I say ponytail. Long flowing hair can get a bit messed up by a hoodie!
Reply 14
:frown: I was hoping someone might say flowy hair, because I hate ponytails.

But what the hell, tomorrow is the day I try TWO new things haha.
could look hot!

and if people don't like it, u can always take it off ...
hmm how long is your hair? if it's really long(like past your boobs) then have it down, otherwise a messy pony tail and you might pull it off.
might

i'm not big on over sized hooded things, but plenty of people are
Reply 17
Lmao, not likely. Because I am only going to be wearing a bra underneath (it's not THAT cold anymore).

And I prefer to keep people guessing :p:

Besides, if people don't like it, tough. Because I just looked myself in the mirror (jeans and all) and it looks fab :biggrin:

Still trying to decide on the hair...
Reply 18
Urm, my hair *takes off ponytail* just about covers my boobs. It's also annoyingly straight.
Yer, small girls in a big cuddly hoody does look really cute.

:smile:

*Ahh, has gone all warm and gooey inside:wink:*

Latest