The Student Room Group

TSR Engineering Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by Popppppy
That's me just in from uni (plus grabbing a sausage supper from the chippy), off to bed to be in before 10 to do a presentation on my project proposal. I have also just submitted my 8 page project plan.
Then I have to finish two formal reports for Monday and Friday, and next week I've got an online test.
Always such fun being an engineer! Nothing says I love my life more than spending approximately 50 hours a week in a computer lab.

it all sucks now but wen u'll have graduated and sit in ur nice new house with a coffee you'll be glad u did it all now :pierre:

Spoiler

I don't mind my maths. With civil engineering its no that difficult. Mainly concerned with resolving a few forces horizontal and vertically but nothing too taxing.

My pure maths module on the other hand is hell. And next year I have flow dynamics :frown:

Sent from my phone, please excuse all tpyos
Poppy, wizard

:grouphugs:
I've been set an assessed exercise for a module, and it's the same one I got last year. I didn't get a mark last time, and I didn't get any feedback, and to me it looked like I'd done everything right... what do you think I could do differently?
Reply 284
Original post by + polarity -
I've been set an assessed exercise for a module, and it's the same one I got last year. I didn't get a mark last time, and I didn't get any feedback, and to me it looked like I'd done everything right... what do you think I could do differently?

Mmm perhaps try and get feedback this time that might help a lot better than doing it yourself and just handing it in or alternatively if you can access ur work you did before why not try a completely different approach!
Original post by a10
Mmm perhaps try and get feedback this time that might help a lot better than doing it yourself and just handing it in or alternatively if you can access ur work you did before why not try a completely different approach!

I will take a look after my breakfast :biggrin:

I have a feeling my evaluations after getting results were weak, so I'll try harder with that this time lol
Reply 286
I will take a look after my breakfast :biggrin:

I have a feeling my evaluations after getting results were weak, so I'll try harder with that this time lol

Haha may the force be with you :pierre:
Original post by a10
Haha may the force be with you :pierre:

I took a look at my mark, and it just said B in the system, so I suppose my mark wasn't that bad lol, but the majority of the year got As, so...
Reply 288
I took a look at my mark, and it just said B in the system, so I suppose my mark wasn't that bad lol, but the majority of the year got As, so...

How are mini assessments n exams graded? I thought they used the 2:1,2:2 etc system?
Original post by a10
How are mini assessments n exams graded? I thought they used the 2:1,2:2 etc system?

No, those are only for degrees. Unofficially you might say 'Oh, I got a 2:1 this year', but it is really only a degree classification. Exams and assignments/coursework are given normal marks, out of 100 or 60 or 20 or whatever.
Reply 290
No, those are only for degrees. Unofficially you might say 'Oh, I got a 2:1 this year', but it is really only a degree classification. Exams and assignments/coursework are given normal marks, out of 100 or 60 or 20 or whatever.

i see, thanks for clearing that up :biggrin:
Reply 291
umm i was just wondering, whats aerospace engineering like?
Reply 292
Original post by Adster
umm i was just wondering, whats aerospace engineering like?

lots of aerodynamics learnt of course plus maths plus all the "normal" engineering topics :tongue:
Hi all,

Just started a new group: "Electrical Engineering Society."

This group is great, but it would be good if we could have some separate discussion (to not derail this thread) about electronics etc there :smile: So for any electronic engineers/freshers or even enthusiasts, head over there :smile:

URL:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=2313
Original post by Sgt.Incontro
Hi all,

Just started a new group: "Electrical Engineering Society."

This group is great, but it would be good if we could have some separate discussion (to not derail this thread) about electronics etc there :smile: So for any electronic engineers/freshers or even enthusiasts, head over there :smile:

URL:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=2313

I don't think this thread gets enough reads as it is before you start to fragment in smaller focused threads but good luck

Original post by wizard710
I don't think this thread gets enough reads as it is before you start to fragment in smaller focused threads but good luck

Yeah, kind of true, but even if just a handful/few of us could have some group related discussion it would be alright I guess :smile:

EDIT: I am away from home for a few days, once I get home, I will give it some attention.
(edited 11 years ago)
Is there someone who could help me too? I have been meaning to apply for pure chemistry this ucas cycle but after taking up fast track physics during my gap year, I have been considering the option of doing bioengineering course because I like physics so much now. At sheffield they do chemistry with bio or chemical engineering, and they don't require physics at a level. I currently have an A in Maths (83/100 c1, 100/100 in c2, 97/100 in c3, 72/100 c4, 63/100 s1, 73/100 d1), an A in chemistry and an A in biology. Do you think they will think I am too dumb to apply for an bioengineering course with these relatively soft subjects? Most applicants have further, maths and physics. Which unis are good for bioengineering and physics at level isn't a necessary requirement (although I am working towards acheiving an a level in it) for them?
Reply 297
Are there any electric or electronic engineers who can give me their opinions of the course or job

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 298
Question for automotive/mechanical engineers:
Why does a car have smaller diameter wheels than a bicycle? I'm guessing it's because of torque/power source RPM.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by weasdown
Question for automotive/mechanical engineers:
Why does a car have smaller diameter wheels than a bicycle? I'm guessing it's because of torque/power source RPM.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That would be my guess too, but
I would be interested to know if there is more to it than just Torque/power source.

Quick Reply

Latest