The Student Room Group

Overall Grade

At AS I got AAD in the three modules. I re-sat the conformity one and still ended up with a D (I know, it's the easiest one) and I might re-sit it for the third time to try and get the grade up. I got a B in the recent A2 module and I think my teacher said I've got a B for the coursework. Now, I'd be happy to not re-sit the conformity module again (got enough exams coming up and don't really want to) but because my teacher said it will bring my overall grade down, it's like I've got no choice because I want higher than a C for Psychology - especially after all the work I've put in.

So if I get a B in the June A2 exam and that is put together with all my previous grades, would AADBBB equal a C overall? Is the D so bad that it drags the whole overall grade down? I didn't believe her, but is it true?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes depending on the rest of your grades...if your UMS marks are high as in a high B, you could even come out with an overall B even with that one D module.
Reply 2
tis all about the points. To work it out you need your individula ums scores and need to know what exam board
^ Ditto. If you got high As and a high D (basically near a C)..plus the rest as well, then you should probably end up with a higher grade overall. Hell, first time round in AS I got an ACU (OMG totally not my fault :biggrin: ), but got a C overall. I resat the U only to a high C and got a highish B overall for AS. So, it depends...
I think the D was a low D first time round and after re-sitting it I was a few marks off a C. I'm thinking of just not re-sitting then and hoping for the best. I really don't want to and - as I thought I'd done better in the re-sit - I don't really see what I can do differently next time round (even though it'll be different questions).
Reply 5
Hows everyone else's current marks looking after the january exams/coursework/AS resits
Reply 6
What is the A2 out of points wise? is it 300.
Reply 7
yh i believe so. AS = 300, A2 = 300, A Level = 600
Reply 8
i have 78 97 and 100 from AS then 83 from A2. Coursework not been marked yet
Reply 9
v. good!

I have 88, 85, and 94 from AS.
I didn't do a module in january but i have done my coursework. I know i got an A but i'm not sure of the actual score.
I am really not looking forward to taking both units in the summer. The subject matter is just so vast. :frown:
Reply 10
Your marks: 358/400 = about 90%. i wish i had such good standing ahead on june.
clallen2
Hows everyone else's current marks looking after the january exams/coursework/AS resits

I need 30 marks in this last 120 mark exam to get an A overall :smile:
I don't know why any college would take unit 4 in January. It's the first a2 module and a lot of people in my college are resiting, an opportunity they wouldn't have had if we hadn't done it in January. And for those of us that did do well, it's one less thing to worry about in the summer.
Reply 13
I only wish that my psychology teacher had decided to start Unit 4 before the coursework. That way all i would have to deal with from now till june would be Unit 5.
Silly Lady!! :smile:
yea mad. We had our frist draft of the coursework done before christmas and we took unit 4 in january. How many hours teaching do you get a week?
Reply 15
5 hours. You??
lol 4.5 I don't understand how you still have so much left to do
Getting unit 4 out of the way in January was the best thing ever.

I need like only 50/120 in the remaining module to get an A now :biggrin:
i have to agreee. Alot of people failed unit at my college or got low grades that they were't happy with though, but at least it gave thm an insight of what to expect and a chance to resit
Reply 19
2 hours of that is practically a waste. One of my teachers is absolute *****!! Don't get me wrong she is a nice woman but her teacher techniques and abilities just don't fit with mine. The whole of the class don't get her but our complaining to her gets us nowhere. She attempted to teach us Cognitive Development and Relationships from unit 4. Now she's having a stab at Issues from unit 5. Really its self teaching but i've not been very motivated this year :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending