The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 1
my mate cat applying at oxford brooks for this japanese course!
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
I made Brookes my firm choice about two weeks ago for Anthropology :smile:
See you there!
x
Brookes is my firm!
Anthropology combined with Japanese Language and Contemporary Culture!
Anyone got their accomodation pack yet? apparently they are gonna send us it after Easter but i havent seen anything yet...

Edit: oo wow, just looked at your profile gracie, glad I'm not the only one who's had a change of Uni due to not liking their course :smile:
Reply 4
Same here, taking Computer Science and nope not received my housing pack yet! :rolleyes:
No sign of the accommodation pack here either.

But yes, I have Brookes as my firm choice for September to do social work.
Reply 6
Yay, people!

Just to let you know someone on the OB forum on Yougofurther rang up the uni and apparently accommodation packs are being sent out in the next week or so. Hurrah!
Thanks for the update. :smile:

I was planning on giving them a call next week to find out what was going on. No need though now.
No; but it's my insurance for history :-)

X
Just got my accomodation pack today, seems you can only requiest certain categories 'ensuite', 'self-catered', 'non-ensuite' etc and not specific individual halls :frown: which well, sucks, i hope i get the one i want! Going to send this thing off ASAP heh.
which one are u hoping to get into patient_mental?
Do you know if you only get that if it's your firm? Brookes is my insurance and I don't think I'll need it, but if I do, I'll need accommodation!

X
Reply 12
oo wow, just looked at your profile gracie, glad I'm not the only one who's had a change of Uni due to not liking their course :smile:

Also glad I'm not the only one! putting it down as a learning experience though, which it definately was! :rolleyes:

I got my accomodation pack today and am a bit miffed that we cant request which specific accomodation we want. I really want to go to Clive Booth as Paul Kent (the en-suite types of accomodation) is almost 2 miles away from campus. I'm wondering if I should write something like 'I would really rather be in Clive Booth:biggrin: '? lol

x
Im thinking EXACTLY the same thing gracie xD
I was miffed too, Clive Booth is my number 1 choice, but I'de much rather have a non ensuite near campus than go to Paul Kent =/

Did you get your Anthropology booklet i the post too? With all the module details etc? IT LOOKS SO DAMN GOOD, makes me even more eager to go, especially since theres alot of Japan related modules which will merge nicely with the other half of my degree in Japanese!
Oxford: 1
Brookes: 0
Reply 15
Straz
Same here, taking Computer Science and nope not received my housing pack yet! :rolleyes:

Awesome, If you wanna get ahead on the first year, read up on the following things you'll go 100% over.

Pascal/Delphi
Pointers, Link Lists & Records.

C Programming
(2nd Semester)

Unix Interface

Discrete Maths

Possibly very basic JavaScript

Reply 16
Patient_Mental
Im thinking EXACTLY the same thing gracie xD
I was miffed too, Clive Booth is my number 1 choice, but I'de much rather have a non ensuite near campus than go to Paul Kent =/

Did you get your Anthropology booklet i the post too? With all the module details etc? IT LOOKS SO DAMN GOOD, makes me even more eager to go, especially since theres alot of Japan related modules which will merge nicely with the other half of my degree in Japanese!

Fingers crossed for Clive Booth then:wink: I did get my booklet and I am soo very hyped that they have lots of modules I'm interested in, especially the Japanese related ones, not really looking forward to doing things like prehistoric archaeology:s-smilie: but shall see when I get there if I like it enough to not switch to Anthropology with something rather than just single honours

3 months to go now! I cant wait :biggrin:
(I will try and get on here more often, my replies have been a bit sporadic:p: )
Heh mine are sporadic too ^_^;
Yeah reading through the module booklet gets me excited, especially as so many relate to my Japanese Language course! I'll be able to combine the two perfectly!
Did my finance form the otherday, that wasnt so fun...always goes waaay over my head hehe.
Im dying to go to uni now, I visited my friend at his in Hull and it was so much fun, I can't wait to start making fun of my own! Im going to through myself headfirst into everything available. Not gonna be one of those guys that quietly lives their life in the background heh, I want to see,do, experience and learn everything possible :biggrin:
Reply 18
Hey guys! Just to let you know if you are looking for other students at brookes in your halls of residence check out my thread!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=602791

Hope to see you all soon at Brookes! It's great!

Oh and Gracie, just to let you know that Paul Kent halls are actually really nice, my girlfriend lived there in her first year and I always stayed at hers because it was nicer than my second year house! There are buses that run almost every 10/15 mins and you can grab one of those straight to campus/town etc and seeing as you will be a first year it's totally free! Believe me you will be fine! First year is over so quickly anyway, to be honest it's more about who you live with than anything else! Just remember to put yourself out there and make as many friends as possible in the first few weeks!

Hope you get everything sorted and ready!

Luke

Latest

Trending

Trending