The Student Room Group
Some Universities require languages but its not really standard.
I think you will be absolutely fine!
Reply 2
For a straight history degree? Oxbridge and Warwick are the ones which spring to mind.
Vincente
For a straight history degree? Oxbridge and Warwick are the ones which spring to mind.

Not Cambridge any more, the language at GCSE "requirement"- it's been pretty much ignored and waived for everyone- has been officially dropped. :smile:
Reply 4
Not Cambridge any more, the language at GCSE "requirement"- it's been pretty much ignored and waived for everyone- has been officially dropped.

Actually I head about this but wasn't really sure. But when you said it had been waived/ignored do you mean people just get their headmasters to write to the college saying there were exceptional circumstances preventing them? Actually now that I think about it UCL is going to have a language requirement for all its courses as well soon.
Reply 5
I think you can get away with this with extenuating circumstances anyway. Just get your teacher to write a reference saying what happened and bigging up how you are such a good student, as you got a D in french after only one year of study (which is pretty impressive imo)
Thanks for your advice guy's ! (Y)
Reply 7
Vincente
Actually I head about this but wasn't really sure. But when you said it had been waived/ignored do you mean people just get their headmasters to write to the college saying there were exceptional circumstances preventing them? Actually now that I think about it UCL is going to have a language requirement for all its courses as well soon.

Nope, it just was never mentioned. I got in without one. It was never mentioned at interview, after interview or since getting here.

Latest

Trending

Trending