The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nasher and Basher
Its good to see your mind is focussed on whats important!

Of course, practical me:rolleyes: !

But, seriously, the how-shall-I-pay-the-fees is a big issue right now...
Reply 21
Exams, exams, exams and then postgrad exams, postgrad exams...
At least you can see the light at the end of the tunnel already Fluff :p:
Reply 23
What - the big buggery train? :wink:
Reply 24
ummm u have to do all of those pre-application PS type things - so far (1st year), compared to other degrees thats the only negative ive experienced
In no particular order

-long course followed by endless training and exams
-DEBT
-Jobs (the possibility of not getting one as well as the chance of being separated from friends, family, partners and having to go anywhere in the world just to get work)
-the possibility of being pushed into a job that you have no interest for just so you get a job
-the endless bureaucracy
-the fact that as far as the general public are concerned your a money hungry idiot who couldn't give a damn about them
-Finally that all your training counts for nothing when joe bloggs comes in with a cold demanding antibiotics

Rant over (for now)
Reply 26
Thanks everyone!

Though I cant imagine doing anything but medicine, i wanted to make sure i had a good idea of what i will be getting myself into. Just hope the results work out in my favour.

Thanks again! some of the posts are very amusing :smile:
Reply 27
It's funny how everyone I know:
Mum being a GP, consistently rants about the "END OF TIMES" and the uncertain future that is coming for medics and the hell that is the NHS.
Every Med I know (through mum and friends) basically saying "get out whilst you still can"
The fact that what I was interested in (cardiothoraic surgery) is now obsolete, apparently and surgeons have to retrain.
So many other stories...
Yet there isn't a career that scares the **** out of me yet also equally intrigues me as much as Medicine. I must be deaf, dumb and blind, but what the hell who wants a soul crushing 9-6 office job anyway? I'd take vomit stained scrubs any day :P.
Reply 28
Banality

Yet there isn't a career that scares the **** out of me yet also equally intrigues me as much as Medicine. I must be deaf, dumb and blind, but what the hell who wants a soul crushing 9-6 office job anyway? I'd take vomit stained scrubs any day :P.

I agree :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending