The Student Room Group
Reply 1
1.) Depends where you're applying and for what course although a lot of courses have earlier deadlines if you're applying for funding

2.) Funding isn't allocated until the summer but due to the new quota system (I'm talking AHRC, don't know about ESRC) each university can only submit a certain number of students forward to the funding competition.
Reply 2
tm.tom7
I've just thought about doing a Masters. Two questions:
is it too late to apply now?
if it's research based, would all the funding be gone by now?

Hope not lol. From what i have seen you can apply even in the month of August but some uni's will actually state a deadline earlier if they require it.
In terms of funding i think as Stickyvix said they would allocate it by the summer so i would make sure you have your place accepted before then.
Reply 3
It's probably a bit too late to apply for research council funding now, but obviously not too late to apply for master's courses. I applied for mine only a month before the course started - although I wouldn't really recommend doing that, because it's unnecessarily stressful...
Reply 4
A friend of mine applied at the end of August and was accepted at LSE. Apply whenever, although the probability of acceptance tends to deteriorate the longer you wait.
Reply 5
nauru
A friend of mine applied at the end of August and was accepted at LSE. Apply whenever, although the probability of acceptance tends to deteriorate the longer you wait.

what program?
Stickyvix
1.) Depends where you're applying and for what course although a lot of courses have earlier deadlines if you're applying for funding

2.) Funding isn't allocated until the summer but due to the new quota system (I'm talking AHRC, don't know about ESRC) each university can only submit a certain number of students forward to the funding competition.

ESRC deadlines closed between January-March. Don't know about the other research councils but it's the universities that set the early deadlines, as the RC deadlines aren't until May IIRC. You might as well ask the universities you're interested in, though, as they may have internal funding with a later deadline - unlikely, but possible.

Definitely not too late to apply for a masters without funding, though! Most courses seem to allocate places until the summer.

Latest

Trending

Trending