The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
an_end_has_a_start
nah i just can't stand people who blow their own trumpet, it annoys the hell out of me, no-one is interested in how much money you have, well i'm not anyway.

Oh I understand the blowing your oen trumpet thing and the smugness. You can still be snobbish without doing that though.
blondevalkyrie
I've got no problem with transgender people at all, but no matter how much I research it and watch programs on it I just can't get my head round it and how they feel they are trapped in the wrong body.

did you watch the sex change soldier programme last night?
Reply 42
If i see a very overweight person in the gym, i think 'good for them, they're doing something at least'.. whilst simultaneously thinking 'and i'm not the fattest person here'
britishseapower
did you watch the sex change soldier programme last night?

yes what a lovely woman she was :smile:
Reply 44
I personally believe Bush has been a pretty good US president. :cool:
x.Fluffy.x
I dislike the working classes. I am a bigot and a snob. I am very materialistic and I love money. I despise the benefit system and believe it should be totally abolished. I hate the fact that there are so people in the UK who can't even speak english let alone intergrate into british culture.

Hate me yet?

Nah. Incidentally, bloke on the bus today got on, didn't use oyster or attempt to pay, walked on past. On being told by the busdriver to pay, he goes... wait for it... "No speak English."

WTF?! So, if you don't speak English, you think you can just waltz onto a bus and not pay?

Also... I hate bendy buses, and I secretly rage at the people who sneak on the back without paying and then look smug about themselves. It's the reason bus fares have gone up, as nobody's paying. :mad: If TfL put undercover ticket checkers on that bus more often, then they'd make a mint in charges. I'm so glad Ken's getting rid of them (and Ken's successor, hopefully).
Reply 46
I dont really care for armenian males...
i dont like psychology majors....
Reply 47
blondevalkyrie
yes what a lovely woman she was :smile:

Yeah she had a good humour about it all. Normally on these things they shy away from admitting they have man parts, but she was quite light hearted about it.

Didn't really like the end though. They gave the impression that everything was all fine and dandy once she had her willy chopped off. But unfortunately, I don't suppose it's that simple.
what was that programme caalled about the soldier turning into a woman?
Psyk
Yeah she had a good humour about it all. Normally on these things they shy away from admitting they have man parts, but she was quite light hearted about it.

Didn't really like the end though. They gave the impression that everything was all fine and dandy once she had her willy chopped off. But unfortunately, I don't suppose it's that simple.

i missed the end :frown: but she was on LK today (thursday i think) and was so nice :smile:
I think that people should wear fur and the PETA people should go find them selves real jobs to do. if you work hard for your money u should buy whatever you want with it. im ashamed i feel this way because the treath the animals so badly. if they give them food and let them roam freely and treat them with love and care and then take the fur in a humane way i wont feel ashame.
x.Fluffy.x
I dislike the working classes. I am a bigot and a snob. I am very materialistic and I love money. I despise the benefit system and believe it should be totally abolished. I hate the fact that there are so people in the UK who can't even speak english let alone intergrate into british culture.

Hate me yet?

I disagree, what about the children who are born into these families? Just cause their parents are too lazy to work they shouldn't have to suffer with no food, clothes etc. And taking the children away from their parents isn't as simple as it seems. The benefit system definately needs to be changed but not abolished.
i dont like people who refuse to see things from other peoples perspectives. i think a lot of people with strong opinions would think very differently being put in the shoes of those less fortunate then themselves.

hate the benefit system - what if you had no money to support your family, were too ill to work? i think the benefit system is needed, however those who abuse the system are not.

think people should only be let into the country to benefit the economy - what about people who have no choice but to leave their country due to poverty or violence.
Reply 53
What grinds my gears are those people/scroungers that claim all this money then say things like "all the foreigners are stealing our jobs" - 1 in 3 doctors are asian, and if they wanted a job they should go out and bl**dy look for one rather than moaning and making excuses while watching their wide-screen TV!!

And also benefits should be lowered; my mum works but she would probably get more if she sat on her arse all day and claimed 10 types of "support". Maybe I'm just bitter because we can just afford to get by while people with 18 kids get enough on benefits from my taxes to get them a PS2 each.

Benfits should be an amount that gets you by, not that you can comfortably live on. Surely you are more like to go out and get a job if you can only afford smart price beans?

One more thing is the british media; it's not a jury yet it acts like one. Take for example the McCann case, they claimed 80% of people thought they were guilty, yet in reality 99.9% of people do not know the details of the case and the newspapers have already condemned them. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? The apology, I feel, is too late!

Okay that's my meek opinion :smile: Sorry for the mega-long post, but I have quite a few strong opinions :biggrin:

Feel free to disagree! lol

Emma
xxx
x.Fluffy.x

Hate me yet?

Yes, although only for the dark parts.
Michelle0509
i dont like people who refuse to see things from other peoples perspectives. i think a lot of people with strong opinions would think very differently being put in the shoes of those less fortunate then themselves.

hate the benefit system - what if you had no money to support your family, were too ill to work? i think the benefit system is needed, however those who abuse the system are not.

think people should only be let into the country to benefit the economy - what about people who have no choice but to leave their country due to poverty or violence.

I completely 100% agree with you, if we can help people who need to escape poverty then thats great and we should continue to do so. I don't agree with people coming to the country and not working (abusing the benefit system) but then again I don't agree with people from this country doing that either. And you're right about the benefit system, some people work hard and work long hours but often, especially if they're a single parent they still might need a bit of extra income to support their children.
Psyk

said she was happy but it looked like she was faking it in her facial expressions. At the end of the day she lost her family, friends and girlfriend out of it so whilst she might be happy that she's now a 'woman' I think a great deal of her life is going to be unhappy as a result of it....unless her family and friends begin to accept her.
Michelle0509

most of these people arent benefitting the economy anyway! because most of the money they earn goes straight home to their family! what really gets on my nerves is that these people/countries that the UK help would probably never help us if we were in a state because everyone hates us despite the things we do for other countries, you've only got to watch the eurovision to see that!
I really don't hold any opinions that I'm ashamed of. Although I do share about half of the ones mentioned on the thread already - I just don't see anything wrong with them :biggrin:

Having said this, I've not mentioned any of these views, so maybe I am really ashamed of them. I don't know...:s-smilie:
Reply 59
Ally-Beal
If i see a very overweight person in the gym, i think 'good for them, they're doing something at least'.. whilst simultaneously thinking 'and i'm not the fattest person here'

:ditto: (not so much with the latter point though)

I find the whole transvetite/gender concept to be very unattractive and frankly... well... repulsive. I don't have anything against them, I just find it very weird really. Same goes for androgynous dressers.

This may sound stupid as well but of the 90% of the people who've told me they're doing law, medicine or engineering, my first thought is 'they obviously don't have an interest in the subject and are doing it for money'. No idea why, but I guess I may be a little biased.

Latest

Trending

Trending