The Student Room Group
Reply 1
LOL

This isn't the LNAT, but general competition for Law.

Anyone else under the impression that if you're not in Oxbridge/Durham/Bristol/Kings/UCL/LSE/Warwick/Notts etc then there's no point?

I guess there's so many Law Graduates and not enough jobs, they have to limit it somehow. Eventually Law as a subject will have a standard AAB/A offer...

People who will never be a success in the Legal world study it year after year...

Sussex is a good Uni, but Brighton as an area is a dump.
Dreama

Anyone else under the impression that if you're not in Oxbridge/Durham/Bristol/Kings/UCL/LSE/Warwick/Notts etc then there's no point?

Yeh, me.

I think it's very much all or nothing, and although people will probably jump to the defence of other places - I would rather do a History degree at one of the above (followed by a law conversion course) than study law at somewhere else. Hence my UCAS selection being totally derived from the above list.
Reply 3
Dreama
LOL

This isn't the LNAT, but general competition for Law.

I guess there's so many Law Graduates and not enough jobs, they have to limit it somehow. Eventually Law as a subject will have a standard AAB/A offer...

People who will never be a success in the Legal world study it year after year...

Sussex is a good Uni, but Brighton as an area is a dump.

Do you know how law firms reduce the application #s to interviews? One of their primary methods of selection is A-Level results. Going anywhere that requires AAA/AAB is going to stand you in good stead with firms i.e. Top-20 universities.

Law will never get AAA across the board simply because the universities will never fill their quotas in that case. If someone has AAA and e.g. Notts wants AAA but Northumbria does too, who do you think s/he is going to pick?

Latest

Trending

Trending