The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Side fringe definately suits me best, but I have had both a full and a blunt fringe in the past as well.

If you get a normal fringe cut, definately ask for them to feather it out slightly so its not so straight and sharp. I agree, they definately are in right now so its not like you will look strange or anything.
Reply 2
Good idea, maybe I should go to stylist. I always think i can save
more money by cutting it my own :smile: ... but the risk is huge.
Personally I prefer side bangs, as a straight fringe really doesn't suit me unless it is quite long, which is just tickly and annoyingly in the way. Haven't been to the hairdresser in years though...maybe if someone else cut it then it would look better with a full fringe too.
Reply 4
side bangs... my hair at the ends curl up if straight bangs, and that's not that pretty :frown:
Reply 5
It's 'fringe', not 'bangs'. This is not an American forum! I hate the word bangs. Grr.

A side fringe has suited me best in the past, but none at all is best.
Reply 6
I find that a full fringe makes me look like a seven year old >.<
My mum loves the fact that it makes me look how I used to look but urgh, its horrible when your nearly 18 and everyone thinks your like 12 (cause I'm kinda short too).
So yeah I've recently had a side fringe put in along with some caramel highlights and EVERYONE has commented on how more mature I look. So definitly a side fringe is best for me =]
Reply 7
Schokis
It's 'fringe', not 'bangs'. This is not an American forum! I hate the word bangs. Grr.

A side fringe has suited me best in the past, but none at all is best.

So sorry... I am not a local student. And I learn American English in my country. But okay2, I will adapt with the Brit English.:p:

Pardon me : It is FRINGE . .. not bangs. :biggrin:

Anw, so side fringe has the most vote so far...?

How about fringe that has different tones compare to the rest of your hair.
Anyone ever just color/highlight their fringe only?? :eek:
Reply 8
i put bright red streaks in my side fringe a while ago and it looked pretty cool (the only time i've ever been described as beautiful by someone who is not my boyfriend lol), then because the dye had a pre lightener in it when the red faded the streaks stayed a caramelly colour and that looked really nice. i got two new and different looks for the price of one lol. btw my natural hair colour is ginger, when i put the red in i dyed the rest of it a light mahogany colour.

oh, and my side fringe can be brushed into a normal fringe and look ok, but i don't wear it like that because it tickles and it makes me look almost identical to one of my friends
Reply 9
For the past few years I had a side fringe, but I've just gone back (since January) to having a full fringe, and it suits me a lot more.

I was worried about getting it done at first, as I thought it'd look childish, but it looks better this way.

Having no fringe doesn't suit me at all; my face is too round.
Reply 10
i think it depends on the shape of your face. If you have a round chubby face, then a fringe probably won't suit you, but a side one might do. Just look at Myleene Klass. Her fringe looks ridiculous because of the shape of her face. Personally, I don't suit a fringe at all because my hair is very curly and a fringe would curl too, and if I were to straighten just my fringe I would look like a pillock :biggrin:
Emikoo
I find that a full fringe makes me look like a seven year old >.<
My mum loves the fact that it makes me look how I used to look but urgh, its horrible when your nearly 18 and everyone thinks your like 12 (cause I'm kinda short too).
So yeah I've recently had a side fringe put in along with some caramel highlights and EVERYONE has commented on how more mature I look. So definitly a side fringe is best for me =]

Try being 21 and still looking about 12 :rolleyes: :frown: If it wasn't for my boobies, I think I would still pass as a child.

I wanted to have a side fringe a few months ago but all the hair dresser did was cut one side of my hair a bit shorter and it looked so stupid. It was like an inch think and just hung there despite trying to style it in to place. So annoying.

I don't think I would suit a full fringe.
Reply 12
Most people don't suit the full fringe, so going for side bangs is probably a safer bet.
Reply 13
Reply 14
i think side fringes suit pretty much everyone,
whereas proper fringes can look proper good on some people,but crap on a lot.
they;re trickier to pull off.
so side it
CheesyBeans
Try being 21 and still looking about 12 :rolleyes: :frown: If it wasn't for my boobies, I think I would still pass as a child.

I wanted to have a side fringe a few months ago but all the hair dresser did was cut one side of my hair a bit shorter and it looked so stupid. It was like an inch think and just hung there despite trying to style it in to place. So annoying.

I don't think I would suit a full fringe.

Same. :frown: In work last night, a woman asked me how old I was and then said I "couldn't possibly" be 22, and that I "must be about 16 or 17". Gah. I'd love a full fringe if it wouldn't make me look even younger. So I have the long sweeping side-fringe option instead.. and usually I just end up clipping it out of the way anyway!
Reply 16
I look stupid with any kind of fringe, and unless you have a round face side fringes make your face look lopsided. I don't have a round face. Sooooooo no fringe for me.
For most of my life I've had a normal fringe, which I think suits me best. I once grew my fringe very long but I didn't like it very much so I had it cut again. I've never had a side fringe coz I have really thick & coarse hair & I thought that a side parting would make it look ridiculously thick at one side. But do you think I'd suit a side fringe? I've attached 2 recent photos plus 2 not so recent photos where I experimented wide a side fringe (I think I off-set the parting a bit too much & it didn't look right imo...).
Reply 18
I have a normal fringe (for photo, view my profile) :smile:
I've always had a full fringe. Since, like, I was born. And I couldn't imagine my hair any other way! :biggrin:

Latest