The Student Room Group

AQA CPT3 - Testing (pete's petrol pumps)

Hi everyone!
In the testing section of the specification for CPT3 it says that we have to have test data for "a day's operation of the petrol pump that simulates at least seven customers buying petrol."

How have people gone about this without taking a million screenshots and having a little counter on the console showing how many people have bought petrol? Because that seems like a bit of a waste of time, but the only way I can think of doing it!

Thanks!
-Zingysaturn :smile:
Reply 1
surely its only 7 screenshots not a million :wink:
Reply 2
I did a screenshot at the start, and then at the end, and then below added a table stating how much each customer dispensed, and how much each transaction cost. This was then totalled, and matched with the values on the screenshot.
I took 28 screenshots for the seven customers including a table showing the calculations and managed to do all that in four pages, landscapes. Most people in my class took 7 screenshots so I'm sure that's fine.

For each customer, I took a screenshot while pumping, after finishing pumping and the replace button becomes enabled, once the replace button is pressed and all the buttons are disabled and the daily totals are updated, and then a screenshot when Peter resets the pump and the pick up button is enabled.
Reply 4
I did something similar to BCDOG. If you had a table on peters console that takes down the values after each transaction, take a screen shot of the first transaction, and then another after the table shows that seven people have bought petrol.
It just cuts out the midleman.
Reply 5
There's nothing in the specification that mentions a report...

Latest

Trending

Trending