Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Seani B
are you sure about that

Can I phone a friend, or 12?
Reply 21
do what you want mate
Reply 22
And the vast majority of them wanted to be RAF pilots before they went to university and had been in the ATC while at school.

Plus, those stats come from the 'old days' of the UAS, when anybody who wanted to get in had to meet all the requirements and standards of RAF pilots from the off, passing the full selection criteria, and would complete Elementary Flying Training while on the sqn. These days that isn't the case.

In the past 2 years, much less than half the people who've left my sqn have joined the RAF.
Reply 23
Seani B
do what you want mate

Module 2 is provided as a 9-day course twice per year and Module 3/MTQ3 is offered as a 9-day battle camp and also as a four-weekend package. There are also monthly Continuation training weekends in between courses to maintain standards. Further training is provided on Tuesday evenings.

http://www.ulotc.co.uk/index_officer.html

Well phuk me sideways, 9 day course, must be a true ninja test!
Reply 24
NFI
Because that's how long MTQ2 takes :rolleyes:

dont think its 2 weekends. i've heard suitable students may take MTQ2 "fast-track" over 1 week during the Easter break
Reply 25
1- How do you know you'll be suitable?

2- [More importantly] How do you know you'll have the time off from your course?

Don't wish away your degree - the reason you're at uni - because you want to do extra stuff. Sure, the OTC/UAS might look good on a CV, but failing a degree doesn't.
Reply 26
yeah its ok. ive done plenty of research. and with the sounds of things the university OTC are pretty good with the fact that uni work comes 1st
Reply 27
amsking
1- How do you know you'll be suitable?

2- [More importantly] How do you know you'll have the time off from your course?

Don't wish away your degree - the reason you're at uni - because you want to do extra stuff. Sure, the OTC/UAS might look good on a CV, but failing a degree doesn't.

i am dedicated to my university work, but also dedicated to OTC or UAS. iv been in a team all my life, usually football, and i really enjoy it

just like to say thankyou for your comments. i can tell you know a lot about this topic. any other info u can give me would be very much appreciated.
Reply 28
Seani B
dont think its 2 weekends.

Are you being pedantic now? It's still a shorter time than most blokes have held a fart in tune for. I mean, there's enough paperwork involved in an NVQ2 let alone getting the paperwork done for an NVQ4 in a couple, sorry, few weekends. I personally have never heard of anyone coming away from MTQ2 with anything other than a pass/fail/blister/bergan rub.
Reply 29
There's so much info about the two [my knowledge is all UAS based, seeing as that's what I do] that it makes it hard to know what's pertinent.

It's easier to answer questions, to be honest.
Reply 30
Seani B
just like to say thankyou for your comments. i can tell you know a lot about this topic. any other info u can give me would be very much appreciated.

Speak to armyboy, he is a grown up at an OTC, or was as far as I know.
Reply 31
amsking
And the vast majority of them wanted to be RAF pilots before they went to university and had been in the ATC while at school.

Plus, those stats come from the 'old days' of the UAS, when anybody who wanted to get in had to meet all the requirements and standards of RAF pilots from the off, passing the full selection criteria, and would complete Elementary Flying Training while on the sqn. These days that isn't the case.

In the past 2 years, much less than half the people who've left my sqn have joined the RAF.

sorry amsking. i just looked at your profile. didnt realise you were millitary yourself. otherwise i wouldnt have bored you with those stats that you clearly know allready, (that were wrong lol)
i was mainly trying to get my point accross to the other person in the thread about learning key skills whilst in the OTC / UAS.

but again, if you have any advice you can give me, i would really appreciate it.
Reply 32
Seani B
sorry amsking. i just looked at your profile. didnt realise you were millitary yourself.
He's not, he's a student. Hence his persec is in an absolute shower.
Reply 33
amsking
There's so much info about the two [my knowledge is all UAS based, seeing as that's what I do] that it makes it hard to know what's pertinent.

It's easier to answer questions, to be honest.

thanks.

i am not final on the police as of yet. i may change my mind once and if i start OTC / UAS and head towards a millitay career.

would you recommend the OCT or the UAS for someone in my position?
Reply 34
NFI
He's not, he's a student. Hence his persec is in an absolute shower.

but hes doing a degree in Aeronautical Engineering BEng, and is clearly into the air force. any info he has would be appreciated
Reply 35
Seani B
but hes doing a degree in Aeronautical Engineering BEng, and is clearly into the air force. any info he has would be appreciated

Clearly he is NOT in the RAF!
Reply 36
NFI

i said, 'into the Airforce'. meaning he has a passion for it
Reply 37
NFI

RAFVR, but thanks for misquoting him. 'Into' is not the same as 'in' in my version of the English language, perhaps it is different to yours?
Reply 38
Seani B
i said, 'into the Airforce'. meaning he has a passion for it

Apologies, beer goggles need cleaning.
Reply 39
And anyway, I never pretended to be in the RAF, all I am saying is that I'm in the UAS, giving me some credibility when it comes to this discussion.

Latest