The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

How soon after the offer do you get the forms to fill in? and is there a deadline for these forms?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
my postcard thing says i won't get accommodation offer sent until 7/09/09 :/
liljaforever
Yep, they state it on the little sticker at the top of the form. It varies depending on where you live (abroad) and when you got the offer.

Thanks
WOOO INTERNATIONAL HALL!

anyone else?
ahhhh ^^^ when did you find out and how?

i want my accommodation!!
bubble123
ahhhh ^^^ when did you find out and how?

i want my accommodation!!

I got it through email

I'm assuming you live reasonably close to London?? and that being the reason for you getting accommodation so late.

what choices did you put down?
Artemidoros.
I got it through email

I'm assuming you live reasonably close to London?? and that being the reason for you getting accommodation so late.

what choices did you put down?

Ohhh okay..I live about an hour away so I guess that counts as close!

Choices as in preferences? I put down self-catered and most important factor as shared flats!
bubble123
Ohhh okay..I live about an hour away so I guess that counts as close!

Choices as in preferences? I put down self-catered and most important factor as shared flats!

ahh, i see - then don't worry. they just need to sort out international student accommodation first.

i am tres envious of you, I would have much preferred self-catered accommodation though the parents seem to think I'm too lazy to sort my own food out lol.
Artemidoros.
ahh, i see - then don't worry. they just need to sort out international student accommodation first.

i am tres envious of you, I would have much preferred self-catered accommodation though the parents seem to think I'm too lazy to sort my own food out lol.

Haha oh dear...I think my parents thought that too so I just sent off the form before they could say/do much.

Where are you coming from?
Commonwealth, anyone? :biggrin:
Reply 2090
I'm going in to my last year but I'm gonna be in Campbell House East.
Just so much easier than living in a flat like I did this year (i.e. paying loads more + bills + more months than needed + bitchy flatmates to deal with).
Lectures don't start til 5th October despite the start of term being 28th September, which is unusual for the Chem dept especially because they usually start within the first few days. I think this has something to do with the universal timetable that begins this year.
bubble123
my postcard thing says i won't get accommodation offer sent until 7/09/09 :/

Same although I got my accomodation early august because I had my results already. I think it's just a formality
where's my confirmation letter? i live in london btw. I want to know whether i'm getting accommodation before i buy stuff
Snoofles
Yep, Commonwealth! I think i saw you on the facebook group too actually (: Im Zena by the way, hello! (Y)

Yep that would have been me :biggrin: Hello! Can't wait until september :woo:
Reply 2094
FrustratedHistorian
where's my confirmation letter? i live in london btw. I want to know whether i'm getting accommodation before i buy stuff

from what i've seen, they're giving out the intercollegiate accomm first, but i don't know how correct that is. did you ask for intercollegiate?
in any case, it's only been 2 days since results so i'm guessing most of the info will come along in the next week.
Reply 2095
Agrhh when will I know my accomodation??!!
Anyone else put ramsey as first choice?
I got an offer for commonwealth hall today, is this the only offer I'll get?
It was my third preference accom and second intercollegiate hall preference so I wasn't sure...
also I may have misread, but the email and login page say different things...is the deadline 4pm on the date of offer, or 4 days from?
Reply 2097
I also got an offer for commonwealth. A bit disappointed that it isn't en-suite but should be ok
Reply 2098
in.glendora
I got an offer for commonwealth hall today, is this the only offer I'll get?
It was my third preference accom and second intercollegiate hall preference so I wasn't sure...
also I may have misread, but the email and login page say different things...is the deadline 4pm on the date of offer, or 4 days from?

4pm on the day your offer expires, not the day you are given the offer. And yes it is the only one you will get.
Reply 2099
I'm an international student and haven't gotten assigned to my accoms yet. I sent the application wayyyy after the deadline.. Should I be worried?

Latest

Trending

Trending