The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6200
Original post by lilys
I stayed in Ramsay in my first year but it has gone through significant refurb since then so thing might be a bit different now. Atmosphere is really good, it is definitely a 'party hall' but obviously you're free to hang with non-drinking crowd if that's your thing. I think there are 2 kitchens on each floor (shared among ca 30-40 students) and I never had to wait for the shower or the toilet; the bathrooms were pretty clean. There are coin-operated washing machines and if they haven't added any new ones, you may still have to queue for those (6 for the whole hall!); the iron board disappeared after the first term (there was 1 to be shared among few hundred students). Also, if your microwave needs fixing you might have to wait a couple of days for sb to come but you can always use another kitchen. Feel free to PM me if you want but I'm a final year now so things might have changed in the past 2 years.

thanks for the response, :smile: it seems like a good place to be, I may PM you for more information :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Day8
Heya, I wanted to ask if anyone knows what the atmosphere is like at Ramsay Hall, Connaught Hall and College Hall?

I researched them all- they seem like nice places to live in. Though is it true that college hall has a limited social scene? or that the cleaners and workers in the kitchen at Connaught hall are really rude?? ..

And what are the facilities like in Ramsay Hall?

Thank you for any help! :smile:

When my friend was in College last year it was quite quiet- I visited her there and noticed most of the students were international and/or mature but given the price its not surprising as it would be out of reach for many Home students relying on the maintainance loan. On the plus side though once your in the building, you can access any corridor so you can mingle with anyone in the building and the rooms are huge plus each corridor has bathrooms with a bath on it, a luxury for student halls.
Reply 6202
Original post by jelly1000
When my friend was in College last year it was quite quiet- I visited her there and noticed most of the students were international and/or mature but given the price its not surprising as it would be out of reach for many Home students relying on the maintainance loan. On the plus side though once your in the building, you can access any corridor so you can mingle with anyone in the building and the rooms are huge plus each corridor has bathrooms with a bath on it, a luxury for student halls.

Thanks for your response :smile: that is the impression I got- It may not be so good for a first year student and it is quite expensive! Can I ask where you stayed at? :smile:
Original post by Day8
Thanks for your response :smile: that is the impression I got- It may not be so good for a first year student and it is quite expensive! Can I ask where you stayed at? :smile:

Yeah, tbh its only worth the money if you specifically want a quiet place. I've never been a UCL student, I knew my friend before uni.
I've firmed UCL like 4 days ago, and I haven't got any email or anything, do I pick my accommodation now? or do I wait until they tell me what to do?
Reply 6205
Original post by glitter_star12
I've firmed UCL like 4 days ago, and I haven't got any email or anything, do I pick my accommodation now? or do I wait until they tell me what to do?

You won't get anything, you should have had a letter when you got your offer. :smile:
Original post by Gales
You won't get anything, you should have had a letter when you got your offer. :smile:

Yeah I got a letter which I have with me now, there is a litle general UCL booklet, a formal 2-page ucl letter, and then 2 more sheets, non of them seem to have anything specific about accommodation, except apply by 31st may, for more information look on the website (which i've done) etc
Reply 6207
Yeah I got a letter which I have with me now, there is a litle general UCL booklet, a formal 2-page ucl letter, and then 2 more sheets, non of them seem to have anything specific about accommodation, except apply by 31st may, for more information look on the website (which i've done) etc

You go onto their accommodaton website, sign up (your UCL student number is the reference number on the letter they sent you), then you just fill it in. :smile:
Original post by Gales
You go onto their accommodaton website, sign up (your UCL student number is the reference number on the letter they sent you), then you just fill it in. :smile:

Okay, i've found my reference number, but i don't understand where I sign up, is this the bit you mean
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/accommodation
Reply 6209
Okay, i've found my reference number, but i don't understand where I sign up, is this the bit you mean

Hey, I found this difficult too, UCL weren't very clear about it.

Click applications on the left > application process (on the tab area) > Accommodation Application site > then under "I do not yet know my UCL userid and password" select " Online User Registration website".

Hope this helps! :smile:

Is this the same as your ucas id?
Reply 6211
Original post by cosmobear92
Is this the same as your ucas id?

Nope, it's the 'our reference' number on the letter they send you. :smile:
Original post by Gales
Nope, it's the 'our reference' number on the letter they send you. :smile:

Ok, are these like all the 'official letters'? I got an e-mail from my course department yesterday sending me loads of stuff on accommodation and finance but there isn't a reference number, or are they gonna send me this stuff in letter form with a reference number?
Original post by Gales
Hey, I found this difficult too, UCL weren't very clear about it.

Click applications on the left > application process (on the tab area) > Accommodation Application site > then under "I do not yet know my UCL userid and password" select " Online User Registration website".

Hope this helps! :smile:

done! thank you so much!
Ok, are these like all the 'official letters'? I got an e-mail from my course department yesterday sending me loads of stuff on accommodation and finance but there isn't a reference number, or are they gonna send me this stuff in letter form with a reference number?

mine was at the very top of my acceptance letter on the right hand side under my UCAS ID
mine was at the very top of my acceptance letter on the right hand side under my UCAS ID

I haven't got an acceptance letter...:s-smilie: but I only got my offer last week so I'm guessing its probably in the post?
I went to visit my cousin at uni in ireland, and there was a main door, and when you went in there was a corridor with 6 rooms which all had their own en-suite and they shared a kitchen, is there anything like this at UCL? is this a cluster flat? I looked on the website and there are like 10 people to a kitchen which seems quite a lot!
I haven't got an acceptance letter...:s-smilie: but I only got my offer last week so I'm guessing its probably in the post?

yeah mine took quite a few days to come through :smile:
yeah mine took quite a few days to come through :smile:

Awesome :smile: there was me worried for a second :rolleyes:
Anybody have an opinion on the atmosphere at James Lighthill House???

Latest

Trending

Trending