The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

I put cluster flat/self-contained flat as my most important factor, but then after this on another section it has order of preferences between single/en-suite, but can you get en-suite cluster flats?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by glitter_star12
I put cluster flat/self-contained flat as my most important factor, but then after this on another section it has order of preferences between single/en-suite, but can you get en-suite cluster flats?

Yep, most of the en suite accommodation (if not all) is in flats :smile:
Original post by dirtyoldriver
Yep, most of the en suite accommodation (if not all) is in flats :smile:

I thought cluster flats shared a bathroom between like 6 people ish? I've put down cluster flat/self-contained flat as my most important factor, but then I put down single over en-suite, will this affect me getting a cluster flat? and what is the difference between cluster flat and self-contained flat?
I thought cluster flats shared a bathroom between like 6 people ish? I've put down cluster flat/self-contained flat as my most important factor, but then I put down single over en-suite, will this affect me getting a cluster flat? and what is the difference between cluster flat and self-contained flat?

I'm pretty sure they are the same thing to be honest. And there is loads of single room accommodation arranged in flats - Schafer, Langton Close, Arthur Tattersall and Max Rayne are all in flats and non-ensuite. They'll have between 1 and 3 bathrooms (approximately) depending on the amount of people in the flat - I'm in Schafer with a 5 bedroom flat and we have one bathroom with toilet and shower and another with just a toilet.

Hope that answers your questions :smile:
Hello, when did you people got the accommodation booklet with that postcard on hte back of it? I have only got "The UCL offer" booklet in my official offer letter. :smile:
Reply 6225
Original post by Alexandra Lore
Hello, when did you people got the accommodation booklet with that postcard on hte back of it? I have only got "The UCL offer" booklet in my official offer letter. :smile:

In the information pack once place has been firmed:]
Original post by Farout
In the information pack once place has been firmed:]

Thank you very much,Farout ! :smile: i'm still having a tough time deciding on accommodation. Where do you live?
Thank you very much,Farout ! :smile: i'm still having a tough time deciding on accommodation. Where do you live?

So am i, but there's no point doing what i did really, looking at every single accommodation and then deciding my favourite etc, because you don't get to choose your accommodation, just things like your top priority in an accommodation, en-suite/single, catered/non-catered unfortunately
Reply 6228

No worries:] I am to, I'm living in Hereford at the moment, what about you? I can't decide if I should into halls or not, I've been living independently for 3 years so being in halls could feel constricting. But I want to have that opportunity to meet people who have also just moved to London... decisions!
So am i, but there's no point doing what i did really, looking at every single accommodation and then deciding my favourite etc, because you don't get to choose your accommodation, just things like your top priority in an accommodation, en-suite/single, catered/non-catered unfortunately

I was doing the same thing. I'd like catered accommodation (I am a bit into cooking, but it takes me a lot of time :smile: ). What's the point with the online accom form from here https://residences.ucl.ac.uk/StarRezPortal/Default.aspx?Params=L9ezxPcQnQsDuaBX%2bLFbaS7g8dqK9e0T , if they send one by post?
Reply 6230
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but does Canterbury hall or Commonwealth hall have student committees that are active? Is there a good social life/community feel at these halls? Thanks :smile:
I was doing the same thing. I'd like catered accommodation (I am a bit into cooking, but it takes me a lot of time :smile: ). What's the point with the online accom form from here https://residences.ucl.ac.uk/StarRezPortal/Default.aspx?Params=L9ezxPcQnQsDuaBX%2bLFbaS7g8dqK9e0T , if they send one by post?

I thought i wanted catered too because i'm not a great cook, but i've heard catered can be really annoying, having to eat at certain times, not really having much choice of what to eat, and not being able to do hardly any cooking. Also i think the only accommodation is online, every single year before this one it has been done by post, but this is the first year to do it online
guys guys guys, does anyone have any idea of what the atmosphere in James Lighthill house is like??
I thought i wanted catered too because i'm not a great cook, but i've heard catered can be really annoying, having to eat at certain times, not really having much choice of what to eat, and not being able to do hardly any cooking. Also i think the only accommodation is online, every single year before this one it has been done by post, but this is the first year to do it online

Thank you ! :smile: i don't mind getting up early. Hmm..one of my friends said she saw on the internet that catered accommodation has sort of a buffet and you have a wide range of choices. I will look that up myself, now that you mentioned it.
From what I've seen on the ucl website, Ifor Evans seems like a nice place, but it seems that people don't like it. Can someone who lives there give me more details? I'd appreciate it :smile:
Reply 6235
I registered with my UCAS ID, not the reference number. Is this a problem?
Does someone live in Nutford House, Canterbury Hall or Connaught Hall and can give me some details? Thanks :smile:
Reply 6237
If you end up in a shared room do you have to fill out a questionnaire so that you share with someone similar to you? Or is this done already on the online application form (I haven't filled the form out yet)?
Original post by mattj94
If you end up in a shared room do you have to fill out a questionnaire so that you share with someone similar to you? Or is this done already on the online application form (I haven't filled the form out yet)?

There are some fields in the application form that they request you to fill: hobbies, interests ..stuff like that, in order to find someone similar to you. But don't rely on those, as I did the same thing a few years ago for a student exchange and the person was completely different from me. Good luck!
Hi all, just a few questions. I firmed UCL a few days back and they said my UCL userid isnt ready but I could access the accomodation application with my email? Do I have to wait for my userid before applying for accomodation?

Also, Im thinking of applying for intercollegiate at connaught and garden halls. I know im supposed to be allowed to put my preference which halls i want if i select intercollegiate but i cant do that on the website? Thanks all!

Latest

Trending

Trending