Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The UCL accomodation thread

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oliviertje1994)
    I want to apply for accommodation but I don't have a UCL userid! Where did you get yours?
    I think you select "i don't know" if your applying for first year undergrade. That's what I did as they are yet to issue you an ID card until you study there. But I am holding UCL as my insurance if it makes any differance, I'm not sure.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentofskhs)
    I think you select "i don't know" if your applying for first year undergrade. That's what I did as they are yet to issue you an ID card until you study there. But I am holding UCL as my insurance if it makes any differance, I'm not sure.
    And how do I know my UCL student number which is required for me to register?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oliviertje1994)
    And how do I know my UCL student number which is required for me to register?
    Your student number is the one named ´´Our Reference´´ on your offer letter.

And just to clarify (based on your previous posts) - you do not need to have a userid to apply for an accommodation. On the first page of the online application it is made clear how you should apply - not with userid, but as a new student you get into the system with your name/email address/...then you get into your application where you use your student number (if i remember it correctly - i was also applying as a first year student...)
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nathgooner)
    Yeah. That's exactly what I did
    Oh good! Having just found out that I'll be getting a larger loan that I'd first thought, I'm trying to change my 'most important factor' to single room, as I think I'd have a panic attack if I had to share... But I still can't really afford more than £150 a week.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I applied online in March but am not sure if my application went through.

There is no Submit button and it currently says 'Pending'. I´ve completed all sections, but there was no confirmation/acknowledgement email. Should I worry?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eduleal)
    Hi everyone, I applied online in March but am not sure if my application went through.

There is no Submit button and it currently says 'Pending'. I´ve completed all sections, but there was no confirmation/acknowledgement email. Should I worry?
    lol "should I worry" as if worrying is ever an optional choice

dont worry about it, I gave my application in too and it also says pending on mine, as well as lots of people that have completed the application.

Did you submit your photograph and confirm all your details? If so then no need to worry
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for catered accomidation as my preferance, but how comes I am only given intercollegiate halls to select from and not UCL halls of residence?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for catered accomidation as my preferance, but how comes I am only given intercollegiate halls to select from and not UCL halls of residence?
    You should - after the list of IH halls, at the bottom - there is UCL Halls (or Halls - do not remember how it was worded), but you cannot choose further - thus cannot explicitly say which one (out of the two) you would prefer
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had selected single rooms as my priority but I said I am willing to share. Would UCL select my preferances from 1st choice to 5th choice with single room, or from 1st choice single, then first choice shared and so on? All 5 choices i have selected single rooms as my preferance.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had selected single rooms as my priority but I said I am willing to share. Would UCL select my preferances from 1st choice to 5th choice with single room, or from 1st choice single, then first choice shared and so on? All 5 choices i have selected single rooms as my preferance.
    Hey! Just out of curiosity - clearly you want single, so why did you put ´´yes´´ to ´´willing-to-share question´´?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plummango)
    lol "should I worry" as if worrying is ever an optional choice

dont worry about it, I gave my application in too and it also says pending on mine, as well as lots of people that have completed the application.

Did you submit your photograph and confirm all your details? If so then no need to worry

Thanks, did you get a confirmation email?

Yeah, I attached my photo and confirmed my details, but the lack of a Submit button and no confirmation email seemed really odd.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dominika4)
    Hey! Just out of curiosity - clearly you want single, so why did you put ´´yes´´ to ´´willing-to-share question´´?
    I put UCL as my insurance so I am at a lower priority for a room so 'sharing' will broaden my chances, and I prefer a single room but I don't mind sharing if I really have to.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is the accomodation allocated on a first come first serve basis?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pot noodle)
    Is the accomodation allocated on a first come first serve basis?
    shouldn't be, ive heard as long as you get it in for 31st may, they'll all be treated equally. someone just confirm this cause ive just been hearing this dont know if it true :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    any advice on UCL accommodation? how to apply for it? and wheres the nicest/most modern? thanks!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I put UCL as my insurance so I am at a lower priority for a room so 'sharing' will broaden my chances, and I prefer a single room but I don't mind sharing if I really have to.
    Oh, I see...I asked partially because I was pondering over the implications of that ´´willing-to-share question´´, since to me it does not make any sense and was interested why you chose ´´yes´´ seeing as you prefer single...May I ask what is your firm (and what will you be studying)?...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayy1994)
    shouldn't be, ive heard as long as you get it in for 31st may, they'll all be treated equally. someone just confirm this cause ive just been hearing this dont know if it true :/
    Yes, you´re right - I´ve read it somewhere on their website, something like: ´´applications received even well before this deadline will be considered on equal terms with all applications (given these were submitted on time)´´...this is the case for conditional offers, but I would say if you have and accept unconditional, there´s no point in waiting, they can allocate you a room ´´right away´´ - sooner (i´ve heard of such cases here on TSR).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dominika4)
    Oh, I see...I asked partially because I was pondering over the implications of that ´´willing-to-share question´´, since to me it does not make any sense and was interested why you chose ´´yes´´ seeing as you prefer single...May I ask what is your firm (and what will you be studying)?...
    Imperial firm, Chemistry
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably not the best person to ask about this sort of thing, but I know fellow postgrads that live nearby to UCL that pay in the region of £550 PCM for a room in a houseshare. Of course, the further away you live, the cheaper it will/may be, but this is an approximate region for costing.

From what I understand, they found some sort of website where people were offering rooms in shared houses, and you sort of look around, then they pick which of the people they want to be their housemate, but there's a lot of trials for limited places.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eduleal)
    Thanks, did you get a confirmation email?

Yeah, I attached my photo and confirmed my details, but the lack of a Submit button and no confirmation email seemed really odd.
    Nope, no confirmation email either

I didn't even know you're meant to get one.

Yeah, the accommodation application is really weird man, When I uploaded a photo it didnt even come up on the screen, the default grey screen remained

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 19, 2014
New on TSR

Join the Welcome Squad

Become a part of the TSR team!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.