The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
lily_blue3
Nice idea but won't it be a bit late / pointless by then? We have to hand the form in by the end of May and we'll find out around August anyway...

Well I've checked and people taking a gap year only apply for accommodation in the same cycle as their year of entry so I actually apply next year in may ... hence the thought of visiting the halls I've short-listed.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 61
edward27
Well I've checked and people taking a gap year only apply for accommodation in the same cycle as their year of entry so I actually apply next year in may ... hence the thought of visiting the halls I've short-listed.

well, they'll probs be inhabited b conferencing folk like TM during the summer.. so if you stalk one of them from each building.. :p:
Reply 62
Handed in my form @ UCL yesterday with the plea to be put in Frances Gardner
paddy
1. That depends on the halls/floor you are in/on.
2. Accommodation is not done on a first come first served basis. As long as you send in the form before the deadline you'll be fine.

when is the deadline?
Reply 64
valeryblack
when is the deadline?

May, towards the end of, i think, but it will be in your accomodation info
Probably a stupid question - do you send the receipt postcard thing in the same envelope as your application form or in a separate one?
Reply 66
lily_blue3
Probably a stupid question - do you send the receipt postcard thing in the same envelope as your application form or in a separate one?

Same one, I got my card back a couple of days ago and I sent it in the same episode.
xx
Anyone know what Commonwealth hall is like?
edward27

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/residences/

You can rent a room by the night, in certain halls.
we receve the accom thing after firming ucl? i stupidly threw away the offer package
Reply 70
valeryblack
we receve the accom thing after firming ucl? i stupidly threw away the offer package

I got mine IN the offer package.. so you might want to ask for a new leaflet/form.. or you can use the website :smile:
whats this about a postcard??
Reply 72
atoms4peace
whats this about a postcard??

I had no idea either.. apparenly you get a 'confirmation of receipt of application for accomodation' (probably worded less long windedly than that though :p: ) postcard in the post... i panicked when i heard this, but rung the accomm office to confirm they had it . Sorted. No trees died, with my way:biggrin:
Reply 73
The postcard is in the back of the accommodation booklet. Just tear it out, fill in your address, put a stamp in it and send it together with the accommodation form to UCL. Then they send the postcard back to you by way of confirmation that they received your form. They also tell you on it when you're likely to hear from them.
Reply 74
So how bad are the communal bathrooms in halls? Really though? Im wondering whether to apply somewhere with ensuite or not. And what are peoples experiences with shared rooms?
Reply 75
the communal showers they're fine. i'm about to embark in to one now actually.
water's hot and there be plenty of cabins.
as for the communal toilets, well it depends on where you live really, but they tend to be alright, but can sometiems get dirty, especially on a sunday night, as we dfon't get them cleaned over the weekend. there be this one guy on our corridor who can produces the biggest ****es, and sometimes they r not able to get flushed down. dunno who he is but it's funny/disgusting at the same time lol.
u learn to live with it, and besides we're only young once hehe :biggrin:
Reply 76
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about Ann Stephenson House, as I have not been able to find out anything about it. Price-wise it looks attractive, but what are the rooms/kitchens/bathrooms like generally? Also, how is the walk to UCL?
Reply 77
liz_liz
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about Ann Stephenson House, as I have not been able to find out anything about it. Price-wise it looks attractive, but what are the rooms/kitchens/bathrooms like generally? Also, how is the walk to UCL?

Ditto to this. There are only 79 places though so small chance of getting put there.
I was told that Ann Stephenson House was either solely or mainly for Postgraduates.
Reply 79
Joanna May
I was told that Ann Stephenson House was either solely or mainly for Postgraduates.

Oh, thanks it doesn't mention that in the booklet..

Latest