The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rommel9101
Hello, I'm staying at Connaught Hall single non-suite room.
This Hall is just 3 minutes walking distance from UCL and catering!
Fee is £27.8/d and £194.6/w

I want to move to single en-suite room or studio such as en-suite College Hall but the other halls are fine as well.

If you interested in Hall swap, please PM me. :smile:

Hello, do you still live in Connaught Hall? Do you still want to move out? I know a pretty good studio you may be interested in.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 9301
Hi,

I have a single, en-suite room in John Dodgson House across the street from King's Cross. £211 per week. It's on one of the only two renovated floors. If anyone would like to swap I'm open to anything close to campus (less than 15 minutes walking distance) with a single room, less than £200 per week. Send me a message on here if you're interested. Looking to move during term 2, preferably January/February.
Original post by Yllasjarvi
You don't get a choice other than stating your most important factor, eg catered, proximity to UCL etc. The catered halls are Ramsey, Ifor Evans and Astor but I don't think any of these are ensuite.

Thank you.
I need someone to take my room for me!

It's a Single Self catered En-Suite room at Wedgwood House, owned by Prodigy Living.

The room features a one-and-three-quarters bed, spacious en-suite and nice desk/study area with plenty of storage. Kitchen and comfy living space is shared with 5 other undergraduates, all very clean and friendly people, 2 others are from UCL.

The accommodation is located directly next to Holloway Road Tube Station (Piccadilly Line), between a Costa Coffee and a Sainsbury's local. There are larger supermarkets (A Morrissons and Waitrose, as well as a whole shopping complex) a 5 minute walk away, and a local gym around the corner. Laundry can be done on site and is well priced. Takes 15 minutes to be at UCL.

The price is £225 p/w.

I am willing to pay someone money if they take this room off me, as I need to move out but cannot afford to keep paying the rent!
(edited 9 years ago)
I have a room in Mansion Bloomsbury that I really need to replace my tenancy for ASAP!

It's right across from UCL and minutes away from UoL campuses and across from Euston Square station.
It comes with a desk, double bed, TV, closet, under-bed storage, fridge, microwave, and a landline phone.
The kitchen is right across and the bathroom is shared between two other people.
The rent is £329pw with a £250 deposit and £100 one-time internet and TV connection fee.

I've already vacated and moved back home to the states and I'm in hot water with my landlord, so I have no choice but to find a replacement tenant as I cannot afford the rest of my rent!

If you'd like more info, you can see it here on my Student Spareroom ad.
Please PM me or contact me at 07478055343 if you or someone you know is interested!
Hey guys, yesterday I got an offer to study maths at UCL and I was just looking at accomodation and was wondering if I could have some first hand info from someone as I'm struggling to choose the best one!

Preferably I'd want it to be a UCL halls of residence not a student house. It must be self-catered, within 15min walking distance of the main campus but closer is ideal. The area must be quite safe. I know doing a maths degree I probably won't have much time to party but i do love nights out so I wouldn't want to be annoying people with my loud music so I guess I'd want to be in a more chilled out halls as not to annoy any hard-workers. A decent kitchen is ideal and an en-suite isn't necessary but preferred.

If anyone knew any halls that could provide this that would be great, I don't mind tweaking some of the critera but the above is what i would prefer.

Any feedback would be amazing!
Thankyou :smile:
Original post by TaraJames
Hey guys, yesterday I got an offer to study maths at UCL and I was just looking at accomodation and was wondering if I could have some first hand info from someone as I'm struggling to choose the best one!

Preferably I'd want it to be a UCL halls of residence not a student house. It must be self-catered, within 15min walking distance of the main campus but closer is ideal. The area must be quite safe. I know doing a maths degree I probably won't have much time to party but i do love nights out so I wouldn't want to be annoying people with my loud music so I guess I'd want to be in a more chilled out halls as not to annoy any hard-workers. A decent kitchen is ideal and an en-suite isn't necessary but preferred.

If anyone knew any halls that could provide this that would be great, I don't mind tweaking some of the critera but the above is what i would prefer.

Any feedback would be amazing!
Thankyou :smile:

You don't get to choose. You're given 6 or so features e.g. en-suite, near uni, double room etc. Then they give you the best fitting one in principle but usually you just get bunged anywhere.
Oh gosh, okay thanks! Would you say that self-catered is quite competitive or do more people apply for catered?
Oh gosh, okay thanks! Would you say that self-catered is quite competitive or do more people apply for catered?

I have no idea. But most of the halls are self-catered.

I've also heard that some of the ensuite halls are pretty boring eg Frances Gardener, John Dodgson. Those two and James Lighthill are all ensuite and within 15 mins of UCL so meet most of your criteria.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks guys. I think I'd rather stay in more lively halls without an en-suite to be honest. Do you know any more sociable halls?
Thanks guys. I think I'd rather stay in more lively halls without an en-suite to be honest. Do you know any more sociable halls?

Ramsay is probably the most.

[shamless plug]
I have a room in Mansion Bloomsbury that I really need to replace my tenancy for ASAP!

It's right across from UCL and minutes away from UoL campuses and across from Euston Square station.
It comes with a desk, double bed, TV, closet, under-bed storage, fridge, microwave, and a landline phone.
The kitchen is right across and the bathroom is shared between two other people.
The rent is £329pw with a £250 deposit and £100 one-time internet and TV connection fee.

I've already vacated and moved back home to the states and I'm in hot water with my landlord, so I have no choice but to find a replacement tenant as I cannot afford the rest of my rent!

If you'd like more info, you can see it here on my Student Spareroom ad.
Please PM me or contact me at 07478055343 if you or someone you know is interested!

[plug over]

I'd say that Ramsay Hall is pretty lively, or at least I've known it as the party hall. I think any hall with freshers is guaranteed going to be very social. Frances Gardener, Langton Close, and Schafer House are all pretty social too. :smile:

From what I've seen, Ramsay is the most sociable in general. Although apparently some corridors are absolutely dead and the facilities aren't great. Plus you may not want catered...

I'm in Schafer now and I would say it's reasonably sociable - certainly more than what I've heard from the ensuite halls. It's a big halls but the flat system (instead of corridors) means you may not meet as many people if you don't try to mix with other flats.

Other than that possibly Campbell House, which I believe does have corridors so might be more lively (although I've not heard much about it).

Both are about 5 mins walk from the main campus.

I would say if sociable halls are your absolute priority and you don't mind going catered then Ramsay or Astor would be your best bet. If you don't want catered (I didn't) but still want somewhere reasonably sociable then possibly Schafer or Campbell. At the end of the day you don't pick your halls and its a gamble wherever you go to some degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rommel9101
Hello, I'm staying at Connaught Hall single non-suite room.
This Hall is just 3 minutes walking distance from UCL and catering!
Fee is £27.8/d and £194.6/w

I want to move to single en-suite room or studio such as en-suite College Hall but the other halls are fine as well.

If you interested in Hall swap, please PM me. :smile:

Hi, do you still live in Connaught Hall? Do you still want to move to other accommodations? I know a pretty good Studio in St Pancras Way you might be interested in.
Hello ! I've just received an offer for Economics with a year abroad !

I had a few questions if anyone could help me :tongue:
1) What is by far the most sociable hall ? ( and how can you say that it is this one ? ) Or, said differently, what makes a hall more sociable ?
2) What is the difference between a hall or a student's house?

The thing is I really want to make the most of my university experience, ( I do love love love to party) so i really would like to opt for a very very very sociable and friendly place to stay in, to meet interesting people...

Thank you so much for answering !! :tongue:
yay you sound so much like me! really don't want a boring hall!
Hi everyone!

I’m a UCL student living in a pretty good studio in St Pancras Way (belongs to Unite Student), but it’s too expensive for me. I want to move in Connaught Hall, College Hall, International Hall or any other accommodation which is close to UCL. Although my studio is not a UCL allocated accommodation, I think it’s ok to swap our rooms.

The studio in St Pancras Way is awesome! It has 25 square metre floor space which is really hard to find such a big room in Zone1, a fantastic location. There is a large private bathroom, plenty of shelving space and full kitchen complete with fridge, freezer, oven, 4 ring hob, microwave, sink and cupboards. Other features include, vinyl flooring throughout, a three-quarter sized bed, wall mounted shelving, 1 movable drawer set, integrated wardrobe, arm chair, breakfast bar, noticeboards desk and desk chair. Kettles, Toasters, ironing board and other items also included. It is fitted with all modern conveniences. What’s more, this kind of studio has its own roof terrace. The staff here are quite nice, they are always friendly to give us help. If you are not bothered with money, this studio is your very good choice.

If you are interested in changing your room with mine, please send me a PM.

St Pancras Way studio:
1. Price: £319 p/w (it now turns to be £339p/w in next academic year)
2. Tenancy end date: 11/Sep/2015

Willing to exchange accommodation as follows:
1. Connaught Hall
2. College Hall
3. International Hall
4. Astor College
5. Arthur Tattersall House
6. John Tovell House
7. Campell House East and West
8. Schafer House
Was wondering if anyone is living in an intercollegiate hall?

How easy is it to meet students from UCL?
Hi everyone!

Can someone tell me what is the best way to get Ifor Evans Hall from Luton airport?

Latest

Trending

Trending