The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alimbo95
Might seem a stupid question but I've firmed UCL and when I've logged on to ucl portal to apply for accommodation, there's an only option of 2014-2015 year. Won't I be using the accommodation from 2015-2016? Or has the accommodation apps for next year not opened yet?

I think it opens for our year on the 13th of February
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Living in Ifor at the moment, but looking to move into Max Rayne, anyone fancy swapping?
Reply 9342
Does anyone wanna move out of UCL accommodation? Looking to take up a room asap
Would current students recommend staying in UCL halls or intercollegiate halls?

Also is Student Housing as sociable as Halls of Residence?
Original post by brbwafflesyay
Would current students recommend staying in UCL halls or intercollegiate halls?

Also is Student Housing as sociable as Halls of Residence?

Depends if you want catered or not, all the intercollegiate halls I know are catered.

Personally I didn't consider intercollegiate when applying, but in hindsight maybe I should have since some seem to be quite good, particularly Connaught imo.

That said, I originally wanted to meet more UCL students over lse/KCL etc and overall I think I'm happy with the choice I made.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9345
We're creating the Uk version of Khan academy and need a hand knowing what video's will suit you best! We've created a 2min survey and a random entrant will win £150- we've not had many responses so any feedback is greatly appreciated!
surveymonkey.com/s/5NPGQF6
Hey,

I have a question; on the thread I've seen people say that halls are automatically assigned, but if this is the case then why do UCL display the price per week for individual rooms styles on their website e.g Ramsey En Suit Single £XXX.XX, Langton Close Twin £XXX.XX - doesn't this imply I can pick which room I want to rent?

Thanks!
Original post by Deltasierra27
Hey,

I have a question; on the thread I've seen people say that halls are automatically assigned, but if this is the case then why do UCL display the price per week for individual rooms styles on their website e.g Ramsey En Suit Single £XXX.XX, Langton Close Twin £XXX.XX - doesn't this imply I can pick which room I want to rent?

Thanks!

Nope.
Reply 9348
if we apply for accommodation later because we are still waiting for some universities to reply, does that mean the good houses (ones closer to the UCL building) are going to be filled and I'll have to live in the ones further from the campus?
Original post by Jeubs
if we apply for accommodation later because we are still waiting for some universities to reply, does that mean the good houses (ones closer to the UCL building) are going to be filled and I'll have to live in the ones further from the campus?

No it's not first come first served :smile: and the nice accommodation is not generally the ones close to UCL!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Deltasierra27
Hey,

Thanks!

You get to put a maximum budget, so this is a guide for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9351
So how is it organised?
Damn it's expensive !

I'm looking at staying in a hall of residence

Are Ramsay and Astor both mixed gender halls?

Also this may sound stupid, but
are student houses literally just houses with 5/4 other students? But then I look online and see Max Rayne for example can hold loads of people ? Surely it's just another hall but instead of corridors it's just sets of individual houses?
Original post by Jeubs
So how is it organised?

You can choose between intercollegiate, catered or self catered. Then can you say a maximum budget and one preferential feature like car parking or mature students, then they assign people who have accepted unconditional offers and then I believe its randomly done based on budget and one factor

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ashaheen17
Damn it's expensive !

I'm looking at staying in a hall of residence

Are Ramsay and Astor both mixed gender halls?

Also this may sound stupid, but
are student houses literally just houses with 5/4 other students? But then I look online and see Max Rayne for example can hold loads of people ? Surely it's just another hall but instead of corridors it's just sets of individual houses?

Yes Ramsay and Astor are. No student houses are just what they called self catered halls, they are nothing like houses mostly they are short corridors with kitchens

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by indigoheart
Yes Ramsay and Astor are. No student houses are just what they called self catered halls, they are nothing like houses mostly they are short corridors with kitchens

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay thanks ! Are you a current student ? If so where do you/did you stay ? I want the best experience possible in terms of sociability and I'd like to be as close to the uni as possible
Can we apply before we accept the UCL offer (mine is unconditional)?

May be a stupid question, but the site allows me to register and apply?
Original post by solarplexus
Can we apply before we accept the UCL offer (mine is unconditional)?

May be a stupid question, but the site allows me to register and apply?

I was wondering the same thing so I emailed UCL and they said that we have to firm it before applying for accommodation! What have you got an offer for? :smile:
Original post by zaraashaikh
I was wondering the same thing so I emailed UCL and they said that we have to firm it before applying for accommodation! What have you got an offer for? :smile:

MEng Biochemical Engineering
Which is the most sociable halls?

Latest

Trending

Trending