The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

I am from the Midlands and I am looking for accommodation or if anyone has a flat share going please let me know.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Noodlzzz
pots, pans, cutlery, bowels/pates, frying pan.

Kettle and toaster should be there already.

Thanks, that's what I thought it'd be
Only just found out that we'd need ID when we arrive :s I don't have a valid passport or a licence.
available: single room not-ensuite in Max Rayne house £135.59 a week
Looking for: Arthur Tattersall House, John Tovell House, Campbell House East and West or Prankerd House or st.pancras way unite

I don't know how it works but I believe we can swap
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AlanaBloom
Only just found out that we'd need ID when we arrive :s I don't have a valid passport or a licence.

By invalid what do you mean? If it's just a provisional license, it's fine. If they're both expired, it's worthwhile just emailing the accommodation office.
Reply 9925
Original post by singh2
Are most people moving in on the 19th september? And is it really worth moving in on that date since my course and medicine freshers doesn't actually start till the 28th (september)?

Hi there, I'm going to be doing medicine too and I'm a bit confused. So medicine freshers starts on the 28th, the day term starts? And is the main freshers week (for people doing different courses) at a different time?
Like you said, I don't understand why you need a whole week there if you're not going to be able to do anything... But obviously I don't want to miss out on the opportunity to get to know people :s-smilie:
Original post by chickenonsteroids
By invalid what do you mean? If it's just a provisional license, it's fine. If they're both expired, it's worthwhile just emailing the accommodation office.

The passport is years out of date, and I've never had a provisional. I have just applied for the provisional now, but I might have to email them in case it's not here in time
Original post by ako199
Hi there, I'm going to be doing medicine too and I'm a bit confused. So medicine freshers starts on the 28th, the day term starts? And is the main freshers week (for people doing different courses) at a different time?
Like you said, I don't understand why you need a whole week there if you're not going to be able to do anything... But obviously I don't want to miss out on the opportunity to get to know people :s-smilie:

This year is a bit weird since the first term looks to have been moved forward a week. You can see here: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/staff/term-dates/2015-2016 and compare it to other dates.

You can move in on the 19th since most people will anyway and there will still be a variety of events since it's London and other universities exist.
Reply 9928
Original post by chickenonsteroids
This year is a bit weird since the first term looks to have been moved forward a week. You can see here: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/staff/term-dates/2015-2016 and compare it to other dates.

You can move in on the 19th since most people will anyway and there will still be a variety of events since it's London and other universities exist.

Oh okay thank you! It's just I wanted to avoid moving in after everyone has already got to know each other.
I am in desperate need of a room :eek:
Original post by gemshaz

Try housing.london.ac.uk

Post on TSR

Find a facebook group to do with london flatmates (there a good number)

Add yourself to the waiting list for halls at ucl through the residences website

Try the variety of housing sites like rightmove.

It's quite late so I recommend starting a search as soon as possible (if not already)
Original post by Lauvkwt
available: single room not-ensuite in Max Rayne house £135.59 a week
Looking for: Arthur Tattersall House, John Tovell House, Campbell House East and West or Prankerd House or st.pancras way unite

I don't know how it works but I believe we can swap

I have a en-suite single right next to UCL at Prankerd House for £217pw and am interested in a swap... have you already accepted your offer at Max Rayne?
I'm applying for accommodation via http://halls.london.ac.uk/prospective

they're asking for proof of student status, yet the UCL portico cannot issue a statement of student status until I am actually enrolled. What other forms of proof can I give?
I have a single en-suite in John Dodgson House, 10 minutes walk from UCL, Would like to swap for a room in either College or Connaught Hall.
Original post by ucl2015

they're asking for proof of student status, yet the UCL portico cannot issue a statement of student status until I am actually enrolled. What other forms of proof can I give?

Use your offer letter
Hey guys I have a single en-suite room at John Dodgson house, it's £217.77 and sadly I can't accept it as it's over my maximum budget for accommodation. Anyone interested in swapping, looking for any non en-suite catered hall, drop a reply if you want to know more.
Original post by ucl2015

Yeah just go to track and print out the AS12 letter. It has a print button on the site, make sure to use that and not just copy paste it.
Original post by BhaviJ
Yes! PMed you...

Hey how do you let UCL know you're going to swap? Have you emailed them or do you have to wait until the swap list opens in October?
Original post by gemshaz

Hi,

We have some rooms available at Ravenscourt, which is in a really good location close to Hammersmith tube station.

If you need more information just call 0208 5638809 :smile:

Good luck with your search!

Latest

Trending

Trending