The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Communal bathrooms are cleaned every day Mon-Fri, and so is the kitchen (at Astor, this is).
Showers vary - on my floor they're great - powerful and hot and you don't have to keep pressing a button for the water. I went up a floor once though, and although their bathrooms are newly refurbished..you had to press a button like being in a swimming pool and the water was only a little warm, and would only reach a good temperature just as you had to press the button again.
I expect male bathrooms are in a worse state, however..due to them being smelly blokes and all :P
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 81
Salain
Communal bathrooms are cleaned every day Mon-Fri, and so is the kitchen (at Astor, this is).
Showers vary - on my floor they're great - powerful and hot and you don't have to keep pressing a button for the water. I went up a floor once though, and although their bathrooms are newly refurbished..you had to press a button like being in a swimming pool and the water was only a little warm, and would only reach a good temperature just as you had to press the button again.
I expect male bathrooms are in a worse state, however..due to them being smelly blokes and all :P

are all bathrooms in astor divided in to male and female. didn't notice that when i was there.
here at ramsey we all share :biggrin: hehe
Reply 82
Just a tiny, stupid question which I won't bother to start a new thread about:
The two passport-sized pictures we're supposed to staple to the accommodation form, does it matter if they are the same or not? Because the newest picture I found is from two and a half years ago, and the newest before that was taken six years ago or something. :tongue: Why do they need two anyway?
Reply 83
Sushie
Just a tiny, stupid question which I won't bother to start a new thread about:
The two passport-sized pictures we're supposed to staple to the accommodation form, does it matter if they are the same or not? Because the newest picture I found is from two and a half years ago, and the newest before that was taken six years ago or something. :tongue: Why do they need two anyway?

Treat yourself, make yourself pretty(er) and get some new ones taken :smile: thats my way of saying i have no idea, i'm guessing so long as they're obviously the same person, it'll be fine, but you'll be needing at least 2 more in september, so might as well stock up
Reply 84
heja norge.
i have no idea why they need two. probably one for their database or something.
i am pretty sure tho that you're meant to send the same one. just go to a photobooth and it'll take like 5 minutes:biggrin:.
else they'll just send the accommodation form back and it'll be a hassle. the office is so damn unorganised. i never received my letter of offer last year, but i phoned them up and asked where i was going to live.

then 2 months after i had moved in my father calls me up and says that they had just received the letter with the accommodation offer.
Reply 85
OI ALLY , i was meant to reply to that threat first :P
Reply 86
Skandinaviere (og dem rett utenfor), hurra. :smile:

I won't bother taking new ones, I haven't aged at all, so I guess I'll just take two of the newest I have. Ugh, their office seems blah (yes, my vocabulary is splendid).

And another thing, I really, really want to live in Connaught, will it help if I just accidentally scribble it down somewhere on the form?

Edit: Haha, never mind, I just saw the preference-thingy on the form.
i'm really worried. i sent off my form but without the postcard bit so never recieved a confirmation. I called them up today asking if theyd recieved my form and the guy said that i wasnt on the database. He told me that it didnt necessarly mean they hadnt recieved it because the systems backed up and that i should ring once a week (which sounded pretty odd) and find out. Im really worried that they havent recieved it though. The system seems pretty disorganised tbh. It must have been a month now since i sent off the form and im not even on the database!

wft?
Reply 88
It is very wise to keep checking back with them, and maybe try and get a new application form sent to you (I can't remember when the deadline is meant to be though).
Very wise, because I know for a fact that some people's applications were 'lost' or not received and they didn't get UCL accommodation - they either had to find private accommodation or wait til October to be given intercollegiate accommodation in the new College Hall (which, by the way is very expensive).
Reply 89
atoms4peace
i'm really worried. i sent off my form but without the postcard bit so never recieved a confirmation. I called them up today asking if theyd recieved my form and the guy said that i wasnt on the database. He told me that it didnt necessarly mean they hadnt recieved it because the systems backed up and that i should ring once a week (which sounded pretty odd) and find out. Im really worried that they havent recieved it though. The system seems pretty disorganised tbh. It must have been a month now since i sent off the form and im not even on the database!

wft?

if its still not on next week/however long you can stand to wait, get another one; you have to put your ucas number on, so it won't be duplicated or anything, but maybe enclose a letter saying 'this is just incase my first one got lost in the post' or something. Though to be fair, this is when most people will be sending in the forms, gods only know how many thousands of them!

good luck though. Extra stress like this is soooo not necessary at this time :rolleyes:
Reply 90
simdam
OI ALLY , i was meant to reply to that threat first :P

sooorry :redface: i should probably shut up now, i have posted WAY too many times in this thread!
Where do i get another from from? Do i call them for another or are they available on the internet?
Reply 92
atoms4peace
Where do i get another from from? Do i call them for another or are they available on the internet?

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/silva/prospective-students/accommodation/accommodation-2007.pdf

but thats last years, so yes, a telephone call methinks.
If you telephone, you need to catch them at the right time as they are very busy. The law ofice respnded to my email very quickly for my other queries, but they have different admissions offices for each department. You're doing chemistry, so you need to email: [email protected]
Reply 94
Admissions have nothing to do with accommodation and will only direct you to the accommodation office.
If i call them early doors, like 9 or something will that be best? theyll be less busy and more cheery in the morning right?
Reply 96
Can anyone post any pictures of any of the rooms? The ones on the website are tiny!

If this has already been done...can someone send me in the right direction. I couln't find any with the search on here.

Thanks
I've taken a couple of my room in Schafer House...

Pretty standard really!
Plus, that bed is damn comfy, more so than my one at home!
awesome posters!

Latest

Trending

Trending