The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scavi2008
Does anyone know what the different priority options are for accommodation? I think "Low cost", "Ensuite" and "Proximity" are some of them but I don't know how many options there are!

As I have mentioned in a previous post, when I was applying two years ago there was no ensuite option. Other options other than proximity include music facilities etc - things that are unique to some of the halls, so they have an idea of what you need.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Hi, I'm going to study at UCL this year as a postgraduate. Does anyone know whether the halls for postgraduates are noisy or not? Cos I'm sensitive to noises...
Original post by gladysxu
Hi, I'm going to study at UCL this year as a postgraduate. Does anyone know whether the halls for postgraduates are noisy or not? Cos I'm sensitive to noises...

Do they even have halls just for PG?
Original post by gladysxu

As far as I know there aren't any 'postgraduate halls' - you will be sharing with undergraduate students. If you look at the FAQ section on the accommodation website it says they aim to put you in a flat next to other postgrads but it is not guaranteed. In my undergraduate first year I was sharing a flat with 4 undergraduates and 1 postgraduate, so I would definitely try and avoid going in with the thought that you will be only with postgrads! :smile:
Just wondering about how UCL prioritize accomodation applications here. I've heard chances of getting accommodation/priority are significantly diminished if you put down that you currently live in London - is that true at all?
Original post by Glanton
Just wondering about how UCL prioritize accomodation applications here. I've heard chances of getting accommodation/priority are significantly diminished if you put down that you currently live in London - is that true at all?

something like within the m25 you're not guaranteed a place
Do mature students tend to live together?
Original post by Glanton

I think accommodation is guaranteed if you're a first year undergrad who hasn't studied at UCL before, I'm pretty sure I read that on the website.

This is on their website:

UCL guarantees an accommodation place for all single, first-year students studying at UCL for the first time, subject to the following conditions:

accommodation applications are made no later than 31 May of the year of entry;

students receive and firmly accept an offer of a place on a degree programme at UCL, conditional or unconditional, by 31 May of the year of entry, and;

students have not previously lived or studied in the London area (i.e. within the M25) as a student at a Higher Education institution.

So you just need to firm them and make the application on time, unless you've studied in the M25 area at another uni before:smile:
With respect to the 'Single' accommodations, what is the typical floorplan like? If I live in a 'Single' room, will my room be connected to a common living room and kitchen, which in turn are connected to other 'Single' rooms? Or are the kitchen and living room not DIRECTLY connected to the 'Single' bedrooms?
Original post by geoman
With respect to the 'Single' accommodations, what is the typical floorplan like? If I live in a 'Single' room, will my room be connected to a common living room and kitchen, which in turn are connected to other 'Single' rooms? Or are the kitchen and living room not DIRECTLY connected to the 'Single' bedrooms?

You pretty much just get a corridor of single rooms (or sometimes a double) and then at the end of the corridor is the shared kitchen/common area. No rooms are directly connected to any other rooms unless you're in like the apartmenty bits for wardens and families and stuff which are on separate floors.
Hello- when exactly do accommodation applications for Sept 2016 open? I've logged on already and it only has the option for 2015/16 and I know it probably hasn't opened yet but just wanted to make sure!
Original post by tavia12345
Hello- when exactly do accommodation applications for Sept 2016 open? I've logged on already and it only has the option for 2015/16 and I know it probably hasn't opened yet but just wanted to make sure!

I think it is supposed to be opened in late February but I got the same issue as well when I login.
Hi would anyone be able to advise 2 or 3 of the best self-catered halls? I am not too fussed about the bathroom situation, as long as it's a nice accommodation and a sociable hall. Holding an offer for the Medical School (if that helps) :smile:

PS is there anything I can put on my application form which will stand me a better chance of getting these halls?

(edited 8 years ago)
If I really want to go to Schafer, what should I put on my application form ? (price range, preference )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lamatata
If I really want to go to Schafer, what should I put on my application form ? (price range, preference )

Posted from TSR Mobile

There isn't much you can do to get it I'm afraid.
Helloo,

So I have a slight problem. I've put in my UCAS form that I would be staying at home but I've changed my mind... How do I go about changing this, or does it not affect whether I get accommodation or not?

Also, has applications for accommodation started? I tried to log-in to apply but it keeps saying "Your UCL userid has not been generated yet. Please check back later."
Is this because I chose the living at home option or is everyone else waiting as well?

When do applications open?

I've got a conditional offer but not yet firmed. If that helps.

Sorry for so many questions haha
Guys I think they're uploading the accommodation website because I can't login

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lamatata
Guys I think they're uploading the accommodation website because I can't login

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi can I ask what website you're referring to? I want to know when we can apply for accommodation
Original post by jordanwu
Hi can I ask what website you're referring to? I want to know when we can apply for accommodation

Go to Google type in “UCL accommodation application”, it should be the first 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if UCL accommodation is allocated on a first come first served basis? I'm still waiting on LSE and will not hear back until at least March 21st but I am definitely putting UCL as my firm

Latest

Trending

Trending